Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro - GB£113.95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Bugger.
    And i just bought a sapphire atlantis one on ebay for £125
    (me hopes its one of the new ones with the surplus R360 cores)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Still though £125 isn't bad value (the OcUK price excludes price).
    The price is bount to drop when the next gen cards hit the shop, so I'm gonna hold of for a month before I buy a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Works out to about €218 with postage.

Do I or don't I? next gen are gonna cost a sh1tload....and good old GF4 Ti4400 is hangin in there. :dunno: Next sys is going to comprise of an FX51 chip and whatever PCI Express card is good to go at the time....but that could be a while.

Could just flash some el cheapo 9600....now there's an idear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I don't thing the 9800's will drop much lower than the €200 mark. When I got my old 9700 I was hanging on for a good while after the 9800's came out and eventually paid about €190 for it. They didn't get any lower, just were sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Thats because the 9700 was a great card and still is. However when theres a shift to a new architecture theres bound to a big dump of all the old cards. Its like the old PCI cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement