Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gardening a bank, help.

Options
  • 13-05-2004 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

ok, im new to the gardening/diy forum so bare with me here.. and hello everyone.

ill be doing nothing for the next week or so, so ive decided to spend it 'doing up' the bank on our lawn.

ill start digging it out tomorrow, but from there, i'm pretty lost. i've looked up a bit about it on the net but that's about it.
    What flowers or plants should i use?
    The bank itself is about 40ft wide and 5ft deep if that helps and i'll be laying a path through the middle.
    Also, could somebody direct me to a useful gardening site that may help.
    I'd say it's a fairly common project that many people have done, so im sure the information is out there, but i cant get at it.
    Or maybe some of you have done something similar...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,439 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How steep is the bank? If more that 1:3 the top edge is likely to dry too mush and anything growing theere will die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i'd say it's about a 1/3 ratio... my dimensions were very rough..

could you recommend some suitable plants/flowers, websites or anything else that would help for the project?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

You bitch - doing up the garden while the parents are away. Making up for college eh? :).

It's like that program "Pet Surprise".,

Oh you know the thing, they take the dog out for a walk, it thinks it's a normal walk, but when they come back, the kennel has a patio and french doors.

Yeah, yeah, and they take the blindfold off...

Yeah and they're like "Oh my god", you know. And there were a few other people there. You know, the sort of people who can talk about salad for five hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Easy Green

Hey you might find some useful information on <snip>
    Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Easy Green wrote:
    Hey you might find some useful information on <snip>
    Hope it helps
    Might have helped 3 years ago when the thread was originally active.

• Advertisement
Advertisement