Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ques re mpg on a 01 nissan primera

Options
  • 13-05-2004 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads just a query to make sure I not going bonkers, I have a 01 nissan primera sl 1.6 petrol P11-144 (1999 - 2002) with 38K on the clock and am only getting about 30mpg for average driving ie: not accelerating fast/maxium 60mph. I had a 1.6 carina E before this with about 200k on the clock but i am nearly sure I was getting about 35mpg.

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's hardly surprising as the Primera is 170kg heavier. This would impact the most on city traffic and commuting and not so much on long runs / motorway travel. What is your mix like? Also, are you using the standard 15" wheels with standard tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

IT would be a mix of traffic+suburbs as I am using it as a taxi, have not had a chance to ask the other lads but it just seems a bit low. All standard kit Unkel and as I said I would not be a hard driver, dont get me wrong its not the end of the world I was just curious. By the way are you sure the primera is 170kg heavier, thats like 26st :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by cubix
    are you sure the primera is 170kg heavier, thats like 26st :eek:

Pretty much, but feel free to verify this elsewhere :)

Advertisement