Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GTI

Options
  • 13-05-2004 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

It's my second post,

A few months ago I bought a '02 golf from a reputable dealer. I got the car on loan for a week from the dealer while my Audi was in getting a problem checked out. After this I decided to buy the car. About 2 weeks after buying the Golf the altenator system packed up and I was without my car for a week. Got it back and it was working fine until last bank holiday weekend when the same problem returned. Had to wait till Wednesday morning this week for a new fuse board for above the battery arrived from Germany. Got the car back only to find I still had no altenator.

Has anybody driving a Golf or a VW experienced a problem like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Demand your money back if you're not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Ha tried that spoke to consumer rights and second hand cars are not protected so I can be told to get lost by the dealer. But they are obliged to fix the problem correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Yamad Kuntya

Its off topic slightly but what is it with new/newish motors, my mum has replaced 3 coils in her little peugeot in the last 19 months, and Ive had mates in and out of garages with same recurring probs not staying fixed for pissing time . With all the advancements in motoring why such poor repairing work ??

Advertisement