Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NWA Ireland Anounce tour dates

• 13-05-2004 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Wohoo you know the Summer is comming and things are looking hot for Irish fans of wrestling

found this so anyone interested have a look

GET READY FOR NWA IRELAND "MAKING THE MARK TOUR"

JULY 1st- ARKLOW SPORTS CENTRE

JULY 2nd- DONAGHMEDE TRINITY LEISURE CENTRE DUBLIN

JULY 3rd- ST. JOSEPHS TEMPERENCE HALL LONGFORD

JULY 4th- WOLFETONE COMUNITY CENTRE BRAY CO.WICKLOW

JULY 17th- ST. MARYS YOUTH MINISTRY CENTRE ATHLONE

more dates to be added

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

that would be fine cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I want to put up a sticky, but I am going to wait until the tour of defiance nights are over here first...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

hope NWA is coming to waterford this time around, get in contact with the WIT and see if theres a date available

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pwalsh

I think i'll check out the first show in Arklow, lets hope all goes well.

• Advertisement

Im deffo gonna catch a few of the shows. Does NWA Ireland have any vids on their website?

Hanza

It is planned for the whole tour to be videoed in digital and then edited onto one or two dvd's. It was planned for a best of over the last 3 years but the quality was not good enough for people to spend their hard cash on and get the full potential of it.
    The DVD will be made fingers crossed by October of this year

Here is a question for yous to ponder. This one goes out to anyone whos seen a show or knows the guys.

Who should be the first NWA Ireland Champion?

Where should the tournament be held?

Have a good think about it!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I'll be haeadin to the donaghmede show myself. It will be my third NWA Ireland show and i'm lookin forward to it.

I think Fergal should be the first NWA Ireland champ, but i got a feeling it will be Gonzo for some reason.

It will be good to have you there No Limits it should be a great card. The only thing I know is the pins count anywhere match. I dont know who will be there on the night due to exams but the majority of the roster should be there.

I think the title belt should be awarded to someone people havent thought of being the champ but I can't see Gonzo taking the title I'm picking Carl "Shooter" O' Rourke.
    But as with wrestling anything could happen. When that night does come along I will be as glued to the matches as everyone else I never liked spoilers and this tour and the rest of the nights will be good fun to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I saw a show of theirs.

The only names I remember are Switch, Maxer and the Suicide Machine guy.

Suicide Machine was damn good.

:D Well the good news is that Paddy has signed up to do the whole tour and said he's very excited and might try a few new things out

Switch has changed his name back to Darah but as far as I know he wont recover in time for the tour due to a broken foot if anything changes I'll keep yous informed.

Maxor who a lot of people like and see some what an early Shawn Michaels in him will be doing his Leaving Cert this year but we are keeping our fingers crossed that he will be free for the tour. Never count Maxor out he allways seems to get around things.

Any questions well yous know where to post them:)

Leaving Cert will be well over by July.

Also if you can only remember a few people how could you forget 'Wildcard' Kevin Daly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Well, I do remember the guys, just not their names!

Was he a big guy who uses a Styles Clash? He fought a guy called the Shooter n the main event of the show I aw and it was a great match.

Originally posted by Wacker
    Was he a big guy who uses a Styles Clash? He fought a guy called the Shooter n the main event of the show I aw and it was a great match.
    :D No! Thats Kevin Daly! Sorry! :D<HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just dont understand how that guy is ment to be a wrestler. I think NWA Ireland has an excellent selection of talent, and I dont think that can be disputed, some of the guys are even exceptional, but come on... I have a serious problem with that Kid posing as a wrestler!

Hanza
    (The above statment was my personal feeling and does not replect those of boards.ie)

gotta say thats a very small minded view. Have you ever seen him? He is someone in NWA that could be something special one day if he keeps it up.

Wrestling is all about suspending your disbelief, its not like he beats up the likes of fergal or paul just the smaller guys like the finglas hooligans and so forth.

Im a very small guy aswell, and I wrestle and I take it very seriously and do want to make a profession of it some day as soon as I can. Its my entire dam life. But some aspects of what I believe wrestling is about, can be considered very old school.

Thats why I dont like spot wrestlers, or people that dont sell or cut crap promos, and above all else think they are the sh1t while simultaniously verbally bash the likes of Ric Flair and HHH.

I also disagree with 15 year olds in a wrestling ring. No matter how good the little dude is, people "WILL" look at him and say that hes only a kid. Plus it totally undermines other wrestlers and how hard they work to get anywhere else. I cant say I agree with that guy in a ring. Sorry! He should train his ass off and comer back when hes 18.

Hanza

Kevin is someone I have watched week in and week out training the guy just amazes me with what he can do. Now I'm not saying he is but remember when Rey came to WWE thaey said he wont go anywhere. Well he proved them wrong and I think Kevin is doing the same. Earlier this year he gave Shooter an excellent debut match. Yep his first match. If we had put a mask on him I would honestly think the views would be different but everyone has a right to voice their own opinion.

Hanza, even your very own Blake Norton was impressed with him he said "wow, i can't wait to see him when he is like 16 or 17"

again did you ever actually see him, he is the perfect babyface if you ask me, who is gonna root against a 14 year old.

I did see him and like I already said I was very impressed, sorry, Im just expressing an opinion, I know its a tough one, but Im sticking by it.

I didnt intnetionally set out to insult any one if thats what your wondering, I think a wrestler should look like a wrestler...

Hanza

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hanza
    I think a wrestler should look like a wrestler...Hanza

Dan, i don't mean to make this personal but your not a sterotypical wrestler yourself. But if your gonna work hard, put in alot of effort and enthuasism into your work then you deserve to wrestle as much as and 6ft 2 muscle head. Wildcard also works hard and he deserves it aswell.

Originally posted by Nolimits
    your not a sterotypical wrestler yourself.
    I know :D Granted. Thats why I would be very nervous if I was to wrestle. I know what you are saying, and like I said, give him time, Im not saying he wont be amazing when hes older, he more then likley will, with all those years of experience behind them.

PS: How do you know my name? Arent you on Dementos respect list? :D

Hanza

I know your name firstly from the IWW chat announcing the details of the open day you came in as your real name (not gonna mention your second name). Also since then the IWW trainees have refered to you as dan. I also know where you work but i can't say how i know that its confidential.

Also yes i am on dementos respect list, i haven't a clue why when i asked him on msn i was told "because i respect you... duh..."

I dropped out to the school a few weeks ago, one sunday i had to collect something and deliver something, i look forward to seeing you guys actually put on a show.

Thanks a million man :D

Hopefully Ill look more like a wrestler by then :)

Oh, and the place you think I work, I donrt work there any more.

Hanza

Tonight I thought I'd change the subject to the Tag Ranks in NWA Ireland

Two of the new guys I'm looking at could be the right combination to take over the tag team scene which is heating up every month.

Here is the tag team lowdown from the top of my head:

Paul & Fergal
    Still doing well in Ireland and UK

Finglas Hooligans
    Always having fun in the ring win or lose

The Regulators
    New to the grap game and will learn fast

Freaken Portoricans
    Making their debut in public on the Bray card in a tables match against Paul & Fergal. Best of luck lads lets hope the card changes

Mikola & Darah(Stych)
    These two do not get on but they are powerfull. If Darahs broken foot heals soon these two could make waves early next year. Thats if they dont kill each other first

The Ninjas
    Deported nice to know yous guys

The Inve$tment Ross Brown & Carl "Shooter" O'Rourke
    Ross might still be fighting customs in Spain over sheep smuggling but when he's back him and Shooter will tear NWA Ireland apart but till then Shooter is aiming at becoming No1 in the singles rank watch your back Paddy.

There are so many more guys in the tag-team ranks that I'd be here all night wrighting up the tandams just keep an eye open to whats happening and get to the shows if you can

Talk to yous soon!!!

it is with a heavy heart that I say sorry to Danny Buttler for calling him the "Fallen Angel" when his real ring name is "Renegade Angel" Now PLEASE Danny dont put me through another table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

any word yet if waterfords been added to your tour dates

Shin

I have being inquireing about the city but nothing yet however I will be going there in the very near future so I will give the place a real good look over. If I do find a place that I think is suitable then I will anounce it with a date just keep an eye open

• Advertisement

Sure.

Hanza

Just a quick note to say WOW WWE gave us the best show that I think we will ever see unless Dublin builds a bigger building. I had a super time and seeing those guys and how easily they flow through a match without making a slip up was amazing. Just to all the wannabe marks out there yes there was one or two mistakes DUH!!
    Anyway cheers WWE I hope you come back sooner then another 10 years.

I never laughed so hard as to when I saw lard a** idiots carrying replica title belts and walking around like they were champions. Eh hows about NO!!

Conratulations is needed to be givin to IWW on anouncing their first show. In the last few weeks yous might have gotten on my nerves but well done for moving forward on a good pace honestly I wish yous luck.

Right back to my guys who I always like to represent. The roumor about an up coming DVD is no longer a roumor it is FACT!! look out for it on the tour.
    Speaking of the tour look out here for more up-coming dates real soon.

I dont know!

Did anyone do anything. It was stuck when I left work. Ill just stick it again.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I unstickied it as there are too many, just keep it bumped if theres interest in it. we need to keep tabs on all the stickies

Sorry bomb, my bad, just trying to keep things fair... I agree, there is a bit too many...

Heres what Im gonna do, please give your feed back, and we can suss this out.

Im gonna make an update sticky for ALL irish events, not one for IWW and NWA and festivals and so on.

Im gonna remove the TOD pics as a sticky, people will access it enough for it to be easily accessable, until intrest dies out...

The quiz has died down and gotten out of control, its not nessary to keep it as a sticky nay more.

I want everyones imput first, Mabey I have been a bit flamy over the last few days, but thats due to simple rules being constantly broken, lack of spoiler tags, cursing and usless posts... So if I came ascross as OTT, sorry, this is me trying to redeam myself...

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 waterfordgurl

If your still looking for a place in Waterford a few wrestling events have been held in Dungarvan sports center over the past few years, nice place holds about 700 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Cmere,Donkey 2002,dey were handing out flyers outside the point...was it ur number on there?Cos me and my friend rang it,and i goes "Hey,do u know wrestling is fake?" i thought he would find it as a joke,but he didnt.He got all pissed off.:(
    Then i rang him back asking if he would be coming to Cork,he told me to **** off :mad: :dunno:

:D ha ha nope wasn't my number altough I was at the Point I didnt hand out any flyers I was going to see the WWE. The only guys I personaly saw was IWW.

Ok folks expect another Dublin date to be released real soon for a much later date this year. I would also like to clear this once and for all I'm not a boss of NWA Ireland
    or one of the head guys.

For all you guys out there interested in the NWA DVD comming out. It is going well and should be well ready for the tour.

While at the training yesterday we had a few new guys there and they were brilliant I wish I had of been that good on my first day. The regulars have even gotten better and much faster at the game. This tour should be a blinder.

I will be in Waterford next weekend to check out a few places and might visit a few counties on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Originally posted by donkey 2002

I will be in Waterford next weekend to check out a few places and might visit a few counties on the way.
    *cough* CORK *cough*:D

Donkey, if you want to post on the sticky, just stick the tour dates there. The thread is too old so the title wont change, but its the Iww announces show thread. If you go into the thread the name changes to "Irish promotions news."

Hanza

• Advertisement

Well folks this will be my last weekly column as it shall be unstuck and fade down the table however I will be shareing a new post with IWW under IRISH PROMOTION news cheers for everyone that enjoyed reading my posts and for your opinions over the past few weeks I look forward to sharing the post with IWW and NWA Ireland to give you's all the hot shows and training info yous need

Hanza if you may unstick this post and close it off

Cheers everyone see yous at the shows!!!!

Advertisement