Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 Video e3

Options
  • 13-05-2004 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/677/677882/vids_1.html

Soon as the 640 res one is hosted elsewhere i post link, for now its streaming unless you an insider.

looks good check out the article interesting gameplay ideas.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

bah cant get it to run

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you want to download the low res (320 x 240) windows files here are the 3 movies:
    » http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/article/514/514723/battlefield2_051204_01_wmvlow.wmv [ IGN.com ]
    » http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/article/514/514723/battlefield2_051204_02_wmvlow.wmv [ IGN.com ]
    » http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/article/514/514723/battlefield2_051204_03_wmvlow.wmv [ IGN.com ]

BitTorrent of the high res movies .... if you want them
    ** These are Bittorrent mirrors only! **
    » http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/1738/Battlefield2HighResVids-zip.torrent [ null - Bittorrent ]

Aww man it looks fecking amazeing this game is going to be class

the min this games comes out im buying it

spring 2005 though :(

Here are some screenshots [in small size] from the 3 movies. I have put together a animated GIF of the ingame menu/map, take a look at this. (380k)
    [align=center]screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg
    screen3.jpgscreen4.jpg
    screen5.jpgscreen6.jpg
    screen7.jpgscreen8.jpg[/align]

[Update]
    EA Games website also has a page up on Battlefield 2, you can see it here. Has a bit of informatio non the features of the game:
    • Online multiplayer action with 100+ players on the PC.
    • All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
    • Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.
    • Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets.
    • Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
    • A variety of solider classes to choose from, including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, and Anti-tank units.
    • Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
    • New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including heat seeking missiles and laser designated bombs.
    • Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.
    • Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, vehicle decals, medals and more.
    • Earn ranks ranging from Recruit all the way to General.
    • Full in-game community support including, buddy lists, stat tracking, live chat rooms, and in-game clan creation.
    • Voice-over IP supported with USB headset.

From EA Games Battlefield 2 Site

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Oh my god. If it's anything to go by, this will be one to look out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ugh any links where i don't need to be a member of summit for the high res one? anyone a temp link even and i'll re-host it....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Voice-over IP supported with USB headset
    First game I know of to support a "teamspeak" type of thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

100 players!!!

voip!!

:eek:

and that chopper....I cannot wait to get my hands on that puppy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Mmmmm looks lovely. Looks like theres no crosshair though?! I'm all in favour of that - I think you should just have to aim with the ironsights, or just shoot wildly from the hip - but it could cause some consternation nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Game looks great cant wait to get this one.

BTW i think UT 2k4 supports team speak or at least the demo did when i played it at a LAN!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by satchmo
    Mmmmm looks lovely. Looks like theres no crosshair though?! I'm all in favour of that - I think you should just have to aim with the ironsights, or just shoot wildly from the hip - but it could cause some consternation nonetheless!

More that likely just had that turned off so as not to distract from the graphics

Yeah I figured that too. Still, I don't think there should be a crosshair if they have iron sights like in the video, it would make things much more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Originally posted by the_syco

Flashpoint has had that for years :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by the_syco
    Half-life got it 2 or 3 years ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Half-life got it 2 or 3 years ago.....

Aye, first game to allow 13 year old yanks scream down your ear for the duration of the game. Its my theroy thats why TKing started.

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Aye, first game to allow 13 year old yanks scream down your ear for the duration of the game. Its my theroy thats why TKing started.

Aye, and so this great new feature i disabled perm after about a day ;)

Here are some extracts form a nice Preview by Gamespy.com on the E3 preview of Battlefield 2. You can read the full preview by click on the Gamyspy link after the extracts. Also updated the links for the Battlefield 2 E3 videos with a torrent for the high rez video.
    Gamyspy Battlefield 2 E3 Preview
    "At first blush you might think such a sequel wouldn't offer much more than, say, the excellent Desert Combat modification for the original Battlefield. A few minutes of gameplay sets things straight, however: this is a brand-new game that keeps the core Battlefield feel while kicking everything else up a notch, especially the gameplay itself. "

"whereas maps in BF1942 had flat, blocky towns or bases floating on simple terrain, Battlefield 2 creates immensely detailed areas with (for example) powerlines criss-crossing between cracked buildings, all lit and textured realistically. As a tank rumbles along a rough stone roadway, you can see the shadows of the powerlines sliding across it. The smooth stones of a nearby plaza seem almost reflective in the desert sunlight."

"Walk up to a soldier and you'll find a grizzled warrior, with each piece of gear individually rendered, brushing against his legs and clinking as he walks. The models are intricate and lifelike -- almost photorealistic."

"Missile locks are also simulated, but in a way to keep the gameplay fast and fun. When you get inside of a vehicle armed with heat-seeking missiles, you'll see a circle around your crosshairs. Swing around to place an enemy vehicle within the circle and the target will highlight, accompanied by a distinctive 'whine' sound effect. But your work isn't done once you fire the missile: You'll need to keep the enemy within the circle or else it'll lose the lock. Your enemy, meanwhile, can drop heat sources in his wake to fool the missile lock."

"The in-game menus reminded us of the Unreal Tournament interface: fast, flexible, and deep. You can totally customize your profile, choosing how your soldier looks and what kit he has. You can also list your preferences for what types of games you like and what kinds of servers you like to play on.

The advantage of this is, once you've set up all your preferences, you can place a shortcut on your desktop. Clicking on it will instantly throw you into a game server that meets your preferences: no searching through long server lists, comparing pings and player numbers."

From Gamespy.com Battlefield 2 E3 Preview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Holy sh*t 100+ people, with Team speak? imagine 50 of your own men screaming in your ear all at once, hell on earth. But if played correctly 50 on 50 will be very interesting. Im guessing 1GB ram minimum and a 128MB Grapix card minimum for the requirements for this baby to run. Corr, imagine Karma in a Black hawk, there wouldnt be time to blink, youd be on the run.

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Holy sh*t 100+ people, with Team speak? imagine 50 of your own men screaming in your ear all at once, hell on earth. But if played correctly 50 on 50 will be very interesting. Im guessing 1GB ram minimum and a 128MB Grapix card minimum for the requirements for this baby to run. Corr, imagine Karma in a Black hawk, there wouldnt be time to blink, youd be on the run.

Where the hell has karma been i havent seen him on the server for a while....missed killing him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I watched the video and as soon as I saw the blackhawk I couldn't wait to try it. And never fear I will be back to killin u soon biz :D

• Advertisement

Pff your getting rusty old man you will fly into a tree before you can aim at me ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

anyone fancy putting that file up some where for downlaod cuz that bittorrent file is really slow(15kbps), plz

New tools allow players to communicate easily even in the heat of combat. If you point your crosshairs at an enemy tank and press a button, your character will announce (audibly) "Enemy tank spotted!" More importantly, the tank in question will light up on the map so everyone can see exactly what you're talking about. You'll communicate important info to your teammates, and all you need to do is look at the target and push a button!

that sounds like a v good idea...

For all those of ye who hate BT, High Res Vids :
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~ianoc/Battlefield2HighRes.zip
    be up for a few days anyway....

That zip file has a password on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

pass is : bf2.org ,i think

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Combatcow