Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whoa! Take a bow Albert :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Is that Killiney Hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis, I took almost exactly the same shot years back at sunset (complete with January misty smog!) but it did'nt look that good!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

'tis a very nice photo alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Kudos Albert, Very nice shot indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Thanks, yep its taken from Killiney Hill , or Killaney hill as the website says!

I went up to try and get a glimpse of NEAT, but didnt manage it, light pollution didnt help, will try from wicklow tomorow if its clear. It was nice to be able to get that shot with Saturn-Mars-Venus equidastant from each other.

There are still only a handful of shots sent in to that site each day, so do send in something. As you can see from my effort a simple snapshot (10 seconds) can produce a reasonable nice pic.

Cheers,
    ~Al
    --
    www.venustransit.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

well done on the pic there albert.

what type of cam was it taken on? if you don't mind me asking?

must bookmark that sight coz hopefully myself and my brother can start getting some good pics with his new scope and might send some in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Originally posted by Eye
    what type of cam was it taken on? if you don't mind me asking?

Canon G3; f/2; 10 sec; ISO 50

Cheers,
    ~Al

Advertisement