Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dick Sping and FEXCO

Options
  • 14-05-2004 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I am wondering what exactly Dick Spring is doing in FEXCO? He is now executive vice chairman of the company which means he's active day to day in this business. Id love to question him about life in business after politics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think Dick Spring was involved with this company prior to leaving politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

No you've picked me up wrong. I dont see anything wrong with it. Im genuinly interested in what he does with the company on a day to day basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by sci0x
    No you've picked me up wrong. I dont see anything wrong with it. Im genuinly interested in what he does with the company on a day to day basis.

I guess he takes the credit when things are good, shifts the blame when things are bad, and picks up a healthy salary regardless, same as any other executive whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The Minister for Tourism, Jim McDaid, on taking office, ordered an examination into Bord Failte's sale to Fexco of its 74 per cent stake in Gulliver, the computerised tourist information and reservation system that had been jointly developed by Bord Failte and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. The sale had been approved in April 1997 by the then Rainbow government on the basis of recommendations from Bord Failte.

Tour Contractors (Ireland) mounted a legal challenge to Bord Failte's contracts with Fexco. The matter was also investigated by the Dail's Public Accounts Committee, which found the sale had been conducted in accordance with proper procedures.

The Public Accounts committee found that proper procedures were followed by the then FG and Labour coalition.

<edited by bonkey to fix quote tags>

• Advertisement
Advertisement