Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Forum Request] Gen Pop

Options
  • 14-05-2004 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking (not tooo hard, so as not to strain myself) about this for a while (well last night anyway).

Just as we have the Prison Board (closer to maximum security / isolation really) could we have a general population board where all the muppets can hang out and do things list post random polls and have meaningless word association games, so as to relive Monty from his daily anguish?

I'd be willing to mod it, if only I could throw someone to the lions everyday.

PS. I'm thinking of having a rule where one person bets banned each day, in a thumbs up / thumbs down vote kind of way.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

gets my vote

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

so you want a forum where muppets can go and do muppety things?

basically a place for all the unwanted crap from AH to go....

Nah

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

^^ thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So its the Troll Forum then? I support this idea, Can it also beremoved from the Nav bar and last 20 posts if it gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You read my mind Vistor, I was thinking about something like that a few days ago. All pointless polls and useless threads that are below the high standard of After Hours are sent there instead of the recycle bin. I taught a name like WasteLand(tm) might suit it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I am still waiting to be made Matron of the Hospital Wing!!!!

Ofc7511%20.JPG

yours sincerely
    Nurse Ratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I approve on one condition:

It never shows up in new posts search. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Thats a superb idea, might finally have a bit of crack round here. Love the idea of a popularity contest every day. Be good crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    I am still waiting to be made Matron of the Hospital Wing!!!!

Ofc7511%20.JPG

yours sincerely
    Nurse Ratchet

Somehow I thought of you more as Matron from the Carry On films ;)

2hattie.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Somehow I thought of you more as Matron from the Carry On films ;)

nah Buffy
    she’s not cruel enough!
    I really need to explore further that side of my character

*me swings baton*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

It never shows up in new posts search. Ever.

This would never work. Trolls are only interested in posting if they know that there are non-trolls reading. Also I don't think it would reduce the level of muppetry in other forums.

In fact it is far more likely that a massive flamewar in this new muppet forum would engulf all of Boards in a gigantic fireball. All that would be left is a big hole in the ground with some ninja smilies, ridiculous polls and one line 'rofl' answers swimming about at the bottom.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by davej
    In fact it is far more likely that a massive flamewar in this new muppet forum would engulf all of Boards in a gigantic fireball. All that would be left is a big hole in the ground with some ninja smilies, ridiculous polls and one line 'rofl' answers swimming about at the bottom.

davej
    Culminating in every poster being named "amp" except for ecksor, who returns to fight amp, ultimately being consumed by amp, and it all ends with DeVore lying on his back in a pool of water, and the server being rebooted...

Taking the Matrix thing a bit too far?

It would be the perfect place to send all the word association, image association and word game type threads. As already said, it shouldn't appear on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

So basically what you're looking for, Victor, is a spam board?

Hasn't this been discussed already?

I don't see the point.

lol @ seamus, davej btw :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by seamus
    it all ends with DeVore lying on his back in a pool of water
    "I'm just a Sweet Transvestite, from Transexual, Transylvania."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd like to see the following on such a forum:

Posters can post whatever they like within the limits imposed by any laws we have but once a week DeV (who has nothing else to be doing;)) selects one poster at random, prints up all their posts, finds details on the poster from their ISP and sends the entire printout of their posts to their parents and/or partners and co-workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How is that different then any other lazy friday for hte administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Rabies
    All pointless polls and useless threads that are below the high standard of After Hours are sent there instead of the recycle bin.

A high standard exists in After Hours??

Originally posted by Exit
    A high standard exists in After Hours??
    Not supposed to be taken literally.

Advertisement