Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newspaper Production

• 14-05-2004 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Was just having a conversation to a friend about this the other day and was just wondering what other people thought.

We were asking each other what newspaper we thought was the best put together and looked the best, regardless of content.

My own personal choice was the metro edition (tabloid) of the Independent. It just looks so clean and is so well laid out imo.

So what do other people think?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

would agree with you, although I prefer the regular independent.... saying that the actual layout is the same, its just the size thats different

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I'd go along with Indo tabloid alright. The Irish Times has a very stuffy, boring design. The Examiner is all over the place. The Irish News isn't bad either although I don't get it that often.

If we're talking UK newspapers, I think the Guardian for me is way and ahead the most appealing design and layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by flogen
    would agree with you, although I prefer the regular independent.... saying that the actual layout is the same, its just the size thats different

Flogen

Nah don't agree with you there. I mean essentially they are the same paper but I think the tabloid edition makes better use of photos etc. Just a personal opinion really.

Interesting that no one mentioned any normal tabloids (Sun, Mirror, Star etc). My personal preference of those 3 would be the star although I'm not a big fan of their sunday edition

Advertisement