Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odds on hand?

Options
  • 14-05-2004 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I heard that if there are two ppl left pre-flop all-in and they hold 22 and AK between them then the odds are 50/50 on who will win.

Is this true in general for any 2 higher cards against a pair? For example last night I ended up going all-in with KT (suited) against 88. At that stage was if 50/50 on whether i walked? (which i did)

tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

yeah any two overcards have about a 50/50 chance of winning with 5 cards to come (52-48 against if memory serves). The fact your cards were suited would have added a few % for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

http://www.cardplayer.com/?sec=poker_odds_calculator will give you the odds fairly quick.

Offsuit overcards about 45 to 55 for the pair
    Suited 48 to 52ish

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

good link henbane
    nice one

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

this is true however if the pair are right next to the two over cards (say QQ vs AK) then its not true. the queens reduce the possibility of a straight for the over cards, also since AK is at the top and can only catch a downward straight its worse for them.

J10 suited is considered one of the strongest unpaired hands simply because they are the highest cards that still have the max number of straights up and down, are suited and are high enough cards to beat most peoples kicker if they pair up.

DeV.

Advertisement