Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 ripper/encoder

Options
  • 14-05-2004 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Im looking for a program that rips cd to mp3 format but also encodes them at a higher volume, I know Sonique let you increase the volume of an mp3 but is there a program out there that would convert Normal mp3 to Higher volume mp3.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

dBpowerAMP for ripping cds to MP3 at a few different bitrates. I'm using a preset studio quality of 256 Kbps I think! There's no point in 'converting' normal (128Kbps?) to a higher bitrate as you've already compressed and lossed some data so there will be no gain from upping the bitrate. Just rip your cd's using dBpowerAMP to a bitrate setting of your choice. I think 192Kbps is about the standard these days but it depends on if you want quality or if you don't have enough hard disk space, then rip at a lower bitrate. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

I found one Zlurp
    You go into options I forget which tab but one of em has 4 levels of volume (level 2 Default) So you can set it upto level 4, without distortion, although crappy headphones or speakers may let you down.

yay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I use cdex and it does the job fine.
    Once configured you pop a cd in, it will try find the names in it's cd database (on-line) and you click the convert button and thats it

jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Cdex is fine. I my self use audio grabber. That thnig about making the mp3's louder is called normilization. There a a button in audio grabber for it.
    Audio grabber, (and i think cd -ex as well) is good with external encoders. Both handy for using lame mp3, or an ogg-vorbis codec with.

Audio Grabber

Ogg#

Lame

and a general resource site.

Doom9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

HydrogenAudio has lots of info.

You can use MP3Gain to increase the volume of your MP3s without re-encoding them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Cdex has a normalizing feature alright

mp3gain going to give that a go. to many of my mp3s have different levels, only found out at a later stage you could normalize!

jozi

Advertisement