Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed

Options
  • 14-05-2004 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I'm very disappointed with the mod's on the soccer forum.I've been banned for opening up to many access request threads.I opened up my third access request thread this week because i recieved sponsors.I had to open up a new thread because my second one was closed due to people(eireboy/others) having a chat in my access request thread last nite.Now i've been banned for a week with NO action taken against these people who decided to have a little chat.I understand the fustration of the mod's but i only opened the new thread to let them know i had recieved sponsors so i could gain entry to the soccer forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah to be honest i dont know why you were banned. You ran a similar campaign to that of Dewey's.

I think its due to the fact they seam to think you ar'nt who you say you are, Unfair in my opinion with no evidance (correct me if i'm wrong)

You would not have had to open new access threads if the other ones were not closed. The charter says nothing regarding the limit of threads per person either.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

New Users
    New users will have to apply to gain access to the board in a sub forum under the soccer forum. They will have to be members of boards.ie for 1 month and have 2 existing soccer board members who have been registered members of boards.ie for at least 6 months vouch for them.

from what I saw, you only had one sponsor and you have another 5 days before you are registered a month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

Yeah i've just been talking to talla and seemingly if i continue with my argument ill be banned for a futher period of time.This is very unfair treatment.I was linked to one of the people who got the forum closed by another member of boards and so i'm being treated like this.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

sorry d4 don't try and come across all innocent and not knowing the formula for acces requests. On the 21/04, gandalf explained the rules and mechanism for acces and denied access here .
    On the 30/04 you tried to play all innocent again and opened up another access thread here pretending you didnt know the procedure and it was explained again to you by me.

On the 12/05, the exact same thing again, i explained procedure again here and you finally admit you read the rules, but again no sponsors, and what do you do, open up another acces thread 2 days later, i'm sorry but you are taking the piss big time.

Sorry i ment Sponsor not Sponsors(the reason i set up the new thread was because i thought someone else would sponsor me if they read i was being sponsored by someone else(seen it happen with Dewey))

• Advertisement

yeah i understand were your coming from but i thought that if i put up an access request thread someone mite take pity on me and sponsor me(but it never happened).There is no point putting up links that i cant access.So i can hardly argue my case. i only found out about the rules this week from you.Why hasn't there been any action taken against the people who had a conversation in my access request thread last nite?or has action been taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

get down of the horse there talla, the chap did nothing wrong really, lets be honest, ITS A MESSAGE BOARD, nobody died.

you only found out the rules this week form me??? First link 21/04 i posted Gandalf says "Access Denied.

You need to be a member of Boards.ie for a month and get 2 existing soccer board members who have been on boards.ie for 6 months to vouch for you, to get access."

second link i posted (30/04) I replied, "sorry, you will need to get 2 sponsors as per charter" .. It was also pointed out by 2 other posters that you had been informed of the rules in that same thread.

How do you get access without sponsors?

Just curious......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bah that requesting access thing should be removed it was only a temporary fix for the cs forum i bet its the same here too

• Advertisement

Like what did i do really wrong.Asking for access was a way i thought i would gether a few sponsors(but i didnt).So when i recieved my first Sponsor i decided to post in my second access request thread that i posted this week, but it was closed.So i opened up a new one, and then i was banned.Come on??The reason my second one was closed was because a few people decided to have a chat in my access request thread.It's just not very fair when nothing has been done to these other idiots, and i get banned.

You can get access if your a member for a long period of time without any sponsors..

I've been told that if i carry on with my argument i 'll be banned for a longer period, or maybe for good.:(

Its funny..... in a way

Yes it is a bit, but i'd just like to know why NO action has been taken against these other idiots(eireboy/others).Is it because they are friends with the mods or something?

Originally posted by d4
    I've been told that if i carry on with my argument i 'll be banned for a longer period, or maybe for good.:( [/QUOTE

Oh please d4, your stretching things there, i will post up the pms sent by you and my replies if required.

Yeah do...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm leaving this open so that talla and d4 can finish their business. Posts like Draupnir's above or general ****-stirring will earn a ban.

Fair enough:

Message one from talla:

"Banned

You are banned from acces requests for opening up yet another acces request thread, this is the third you have opened as far as i can see. I will review in a week. Take this up with the admins if you have a problem."

From d4

"Yeah i had to open up a new one cause my last one was closed because aload of people started talking on it when it was an access request thread, that wasnt my fault.So does that not count for anything."

from talla:

"Re: Banned

you already had access denied and rules explained to you a week previously before here , then you went and opened a second thread and now again you opened a third thread. I will review in a week, i will also ask the admins to look into if you are in fact lad12 as has been said."

from d4:

"Yes but the reason i posted the last access request thread was because i got a Sponsor, and i wouldnt have opened up a new thread if my last one hadn't been closed(Irishlad and a few others chatting with each other in me access request thread, how come no action was taken against these people accept for my thread to be closed.I'm Very disappointed with what has happend.).For some reason i'm being linked with "lad12".I expained to you already that i'm a new member."

from talla:

as explained, i will see if eirebhoy has anything to backup what he said, ban still stands for a week."

from d4:

So what it's ok for him/others to have a chat in my access request thread(which got it closed).What action will you be taking against these people.Or are these all your chums, that never get banned??"

from talla:

they have already been warned by thanx 4 the fish. I have no "chums" on the soccer forum as you put it, if you continue this line the ban will be increased by another week. This is the end of the matter."

you were not threatned with a permanent ban, i said i would reaise the ban by a week if continued along the same lines with your chums accusations. I never warned you not to argue you point, in my very first pm i told you take it up with the admins if you had a problem.

That is damning evidence.:)

But could you just tell me if any action has been taken against the people who got my access request thread closed.
    they have already been warned by thanx 4 the fish

Is my ban not a bit harsh then(They get a warning/i get banned without a warning, just a straight ban)??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I see nothing in the PM's that warrants their publication. I also don't understand why he was banned TBH. I have seen the threads in question on the soccer board, and he seems to have a point, with regard to the thread which was locked because of needless chatter. I also see nothing in the access request charter which prohibits the amount/frequency of threads a poster can have, when requesting access. So, apart from the feeling that d4 may be a troll/duplicate account, why was he banned?

Originally posted by Hobart
    I see nothing in the PM's that warrants their publication.

I thought I read mutual consent a few posts back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

sorry for hijacking the thread d4 however it seems the only oulet nowadys to air our views regards being let back into the soccer forum. T4TF closed it it without giving us any definate answer about when or if this would happen.

for those who dont know check it out
    here

This has been raised before on this board but it was more or less ignored, I thought i was geting my message across through to the soccer mods on your thread but since they closed it without answering any of the questions raised then I see its more of the same old "ignorance is bliss"

I know talla that your powerless here to do anything about this situation so it leaves T4TF or Gandalf to try and come to some resolution regards this matter.

Sorry again and i dont want to hijack this thread either, if the mods want me to start another thread regarding this situation then i will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by ecksor
    I thought I read mutual consent a few posts back.
    I seen that too. What is your point? I see nothing in the PM's, apart from a fairly civil discussion, that warrants the original ascertion that d4 was "stretching" things.

hobart, d4 claimed he was threatned with an increased ban if he protested, he wasnt. He was thretaned with an increased ban if he continued along the lines of his accusations of favouritism. He also claimed he was threatned with a permanent ban, he wasn't. They were my only reasons for posting the pm's. Also, i agree there is nothing in the charter thats says there is a limit to the amount of requests, i will discuss with the other mods to have it updated.

Also the reason the other users were warned and not banned is because of the part of the charter that was posted by thanx 4 the fish when he closed the thread
    "The rules
    This forum should only contain requests for access to the soccer board. All other posts will be moved to the recycle bin and action maybe taken against the members who post these threads."
    Also, i have asked eirebhoy if he has any evidence if lad12 and d4 are the same users. Zener and jank are already banned from soccer.

If the other soccer mods or admins have a problem with my decision, i will have no problem revoking the ban. This is my final word on the matter.

I see nothing in the PM's, apart from a fairly civil discussion, that warrants the original ascertion that d4 was "stretching" things.

Perhaps you should have said that then.

Right, closed before I ban you all in a cranky fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement