Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A diet Coke Things

• 14-05-2004 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Why oh why is it that Diet Coke tastes soooo bad?????

It doesn't even taste like really coca cola.. it's more like something out of Tesco......

Just thought I'd throw that out into the void to see if any of you think so to....:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

What's worse is the people (or women!!! :p ) who drink it & claim they prefer the taste.

Yeah right.

I hear they're releasing a medium coke - not so much chemicals as Diet Coke & not so much sugar as regular Coke.

I'm still not gonna drink it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Diet Coke tastes like cack. I wouldn't drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i dont drink much coke,only really drink it with jack daniels but i much prefer diet coke to regular.

and yes i am a guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hate the sticky feeling i get on my teeth after drinking regular coke, it doesn't happen with diet. I also prefer the taste of diet coke, so ... bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pah, regular coke. I want fully leaded coke, and I want it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ya cant beat the oul Jolt cola.. :D

Double the caffine and that cheap and nasty taste ya
    gotta love.. :P

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

the new jolt they have out isnt a patch on the stuff that was out about 15 years ago.

pure programming juice :D

in my day we didnt have regulations about that kinda thing, and we were better off for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bluedog

Man i hate diet coke with a passion, it's far too carbonated (I think this is how they keep it healthy!?!) tastes a bit funky and between you and me, i hear it can turn you a bit......fruity....if u know what i mean.... ;)

But seriously, you just can't beat the regular coke, more substance (or sugar) to it i think. Kinda funny when you see REAL fat people drinking diet coke though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i prefer vanilla coke. or dr.pepper. have never liked the other types unless im dying of the thirst(hungover) and its all thats available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Diet coke all the way man. Regular Coca Cola and Regular Pepsi have a very thick aftertaste and it sticks to your teeth and lips. Don't like that residue it leaves (though most of you other dirty feckers probably don't notice :P)

Diet pepsi has too much of a metalic taste to it (mostly due to drinking it from cans but you can still detect it from bottles.

Diet Coke is the only one i'll drink (that or orange fanta - but very rarely because too much makes me sick)

I would take the pepsi/coke challenge any day and i'd be pretty certain i'd pass the test!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I have to say now i prefer Dr pepper :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Originally posted by Stephen
    I hate the sticky feeling i get on my teeth after drinking regular coke, it doesn't happen with diet. I also prefer the taste of diet coke, so ... bonus.

with you on that mate, though I am partial to the occassional Jolt. I used to like cherry coke in my youth

<daydreams wistfully>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by bluedog
    Kinda funny when you see REAL fat people drinking diet coke though.
    When they are stuffin there face full of burgers and chips what a waist of time even thinking that the diet coke will do them any good.

I apologize to fat b$stards in advance if your upset all you have to do is eat less piggy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Diet coke cancels out the junk food thats why they drink it - duh! :rolleyes:
    heeheee....anyhoo i used to drink loads of diet coke - but i've switched to pepsi-max - its needs to be nice and cold or it has a chemically after taste but its got the sweetness of reg and the lightness of diet! Dr Pepper+vodka is a good combo too! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i dont see much of a difference but i dont really like coke at all. more of a 7up kinda girl. :D thought i'd test my theory that theres no difference one night when my sisters mates were in our house for a piss-up. we had no regular coke left and a few of the blokes were moaning that diet coke tastes horrible as a mixer so i said i'd go get some normal coke. i poured diet coke into the normal coke bottle and gave it to them and they were drinking it saying "aaaah thats WAY better! you can really tell the difference!" :D muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I prefer diet coke - I feel that Coke leaves me feeling like I need another drink to get rid of that residue. That said Diet Coke tastes FAR nicer from a can than from a bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    When they are stuffin there face full of burgers and chips what a waist of time even thinking that the diet coke will do them any good.

I apologize to fat b$stards in advance if your upset all you have to do is eat less piggy :D

Or it could be just that they like the taste? But then assumption is the mother of all fuckups isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah i love that in McDonald's or somewhere
    "I'll have a big-mac, super-size fries, 6 chicken nuggets and a hot-fudge sundae. Oh and a diet coke please"

Gotta watch them calories!

The same when you see fat auld dears in a pub getting a large Gin with a 'slimline' tonic.
    GIVE IT UP WOMAN, YOU'RE ASS IS BALLOONING HOUR BY HOUR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Diet coke cancels out the junk food thats why they drink it - duh!

Diet Coke stimulates insulin production which makes you fatter more quickly.

It does taste better than regular Coke in my opinion, regular Coke is stickier. I don't drink either though, they're both seriously bad for you (Diet coke is probably worse).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

spot the person whose never had a weight problem! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

can't stand regular coke myself either so diet Coke for me.

oh, and I like the ads :)

I'm not female

I remember watching the ad with the woman drinking Diet Coke thinking "watch now,she'll have a hypo and collapse". Next thing you see her tumbling down the stairs!! Turned out to be a stunt thing but was still funny all the same with her lying at the bottom of the stairs and the slogan "Must be a diet coke thing" popping up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

I'd go mad in this office with out my reg coke fix ... but I'm not too bad anymore - At one point I was drinking up to 2ltr of coke a day......

But whatever it is about reg coke you can always tell when you're given crap instead of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Originally posted by bluedog
    it's far too carbonated (I think this is how they keep it healthy!?!)

I dunno, but Diet Coke takes longer to pour...so much more foam-pain in the ass when ur working in a fast food joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I prefer Diet Coke to regular Coke as it doesn't leave a taste in my mouth. I like the taste of it as well. It tastes like Vodka and Coke without the vodka.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I've never been able to take really sweet things, so I'd go for diet coke/7up any day. One day a couple of years ago in town though they were doing the coke pepsi test, where you try them both without knowing which is which, and see which is nicer. I was amazed, cos pepsi is much much nicer then coke. I drink pepsi max now all the time, cos its not as cemical as diet pepsi, but not as sweet as normal pepsi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

A nutritionist told my dad after you die they it would be possible to tell how much diet coke someone drank via autopsy, as it leaves chemicals in your body which can never be excreted.
    I'm a pepsi man myself, quite the addict aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Regular Coke (Coca Cola) all the way. Diet just tastes fecking horrible. And, besides, if you want a caffeine fix, you may as well go the whole hog, I say.

As for Vanilla Coke....... Christ! Puke in a bottle! I don't know how anyone could drink that crap.

Pepsi is just too sweet, like they've put a whole bag of sugar into the bottle.

Also, has anyone else ever noticed how Coke from a can always tastes better than Coke from a bottle, for some reason? I've always found this to be true, anyway.

I used to be a very big Coke drinker but I've seriously cut back over the past year or so. I drink a lot of orange juice instead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by aidan_dunne

Also, has anyone else ever noticed how Coke from a can always tastes better than Coke from a bottle, for some reason? I've always found this to be true, anyway.

i think its a purity thing, cans are probably cleaner than the plastic bottles. also some of the plastic may dissolve a little into the coke, pressure may effect the coke aswell. i think coke in glass bottles is much much nicer, it may be a pressure or a purity thing i dunno.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by blondie83
    I've never been able to take really sweet things, so I'd go for diet coke/7up any day. One day a couple of years ago in town though they were doing the coke pepsi test, where you try them both without knowing which is which, and see which is nicer. I was amazed, cos pepsi is much much nicer then coke. I drink pepsi max now all the time, cos its not as cemical as diet pepsi, but not as sweet as normal pepsi

I thought Pepsi Max was just Diet Pepsi rebranded? It's still chock full of aspartame that evil substance.

They're coming out with a new product in America called Pepsi Edge which will be half sugar, half Splenda (which seems safer than aspartame, but is fairly new so time will tell if it's dangerous).i

Advertisement