Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A diet Coke Things

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

did anyone see that documentary on one of the english channels a few months ago about diet drinks and aspartame?

they were trying to test aspartame on lab rats (before the diet drink days) to check was it fit for human consumption and in 4 of the five lab rats were ok, the other 1 got five holes in his brain (they were all perfectly healthy b4hand)

after that I don't reallly touch the stuff.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I have bad memories of Diet Coke...
    I used to work in McDonald's and you'd get some really, really obese people coming in. They nearly always ask for A SuperSize meal, with Diet Coke.
    When we didn't have Diet Coke, they'd get mad and give out about how they were watching their weight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

*me takes swig of diet coke* ... mmm caffeiney ... :D

most people cringe when they see me drinking diet coke. Largely cause I drink it flat.

I have to shake out all the fizz first. I don't like fizz. Flat diet coke = fuel.

I started drinking diet coke cause when you put ice in it it goes flat, not like regular coke, and your teeth aren't all sticky. Now I drink it for the caffeine.

*edit* almost forgot... pepsi max is excellent... whatever dye they use in it ... E1021 or something like that ... I'm alergic to ... it puts me hyper...

I do sometimes wonder how have this stuff is legal ... did they ban red lemonade in Austrailia cause of the dye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by KlodaX
    *edit* almost forgot... pepsi max is excellent... whatever dye they use in it ... E1021 or something like that ... I'm alergic to ... it puts me hyper...
    Similar here, Pepsi max puts me in a very alert state of mind, hard to explain but its like im moving a million miles and hour, but passsively watching myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Originally posted by bazH
    Similar here, Pepsi max puts me in a very alert state of mind, hard to explain but its like im moving a million miles and hour, but passsively watching myself :)

lol ... you make it sound like an amphetamine! :ninja: ... I must check those ingredients

*edit* ... the name 'pep'si is beginning to make so much more sense...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Stephen
    I hate the sticky feeling i get on my teeth after drinking regular coke, it doesn't happen with diet. I also prefer the taste of diet coke, so ... bonus.
    Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    Diet coke all the way man. Regular Coca Cola and Regular Pepsi have a very thick aftertaste and it sticks to your teeth and lips. Don't like that residue it leaves (though most of you other dirty feckers probably don't notice :P)

I thought I was the only one who got that...? :confused:

Same for me, tbh.
    I far prefer Diet Coke, not just because of that sticky crappy **** regular coke (And other things) leaves on yer teeth, but the artificial sweeteners are far more addictive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

coca cola ingredients: carbonated Water , Sugar(a shi t load) (carbohydrate), colour, (caramel E150d), phosphoricACID!!! , Flavourings, caffeine

no wonder it rots your teeth!
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    I used to like cherry coke in my youth

<daydreams wistfully>

Quit the daydreaming and get thee to Boots, they stock Cherry Coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oooh, I used to love Cherry Coke. Used to stock up on 2-litre bottles of it any time I was on holiday in the UK. (I wonder how I ended up in the high-risk category for diabetes ;) ).

Originally posted by blondie83
    I've never been able to take really sweet things, so I'd go for diet coke/7up any day. One day a couple of years ago in town though they were doing the coke pepsi test, where you try them both without knowing which is which, and see which is nicer. I was amazed, cos pepsi is much much nicer then coke. I drink pepsi max now all the time, cos its not as cemical as diet pepsi, but not as sweet as normal pepsi

Actually you're confusing that with the Canadain Pepsi Max I believe. The Pepsi max over here is the same as Diet Pepsi. They'll be introducing a product called Pepsi Edge which will be the same as the canadian Pepsi max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ah no, and all this time I thought I was being somewhat healthy! Ah well, hope this pepsi edge stuff tastes as nice as pepsi max. Anyone know when its coming in?

Dunno, probably 5 years after they introduce it in America ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Tesco ''cola'' (in a can) is suprisingly digestable. I HATE DIET COKE! What with all the sweetiners and whatnot, it makes me feel kinda healthier to drink regular. In a twisted sort of way.

Well like I said before, sugar stimulates insulin production, excess insulin makes you fat, and causes other health problems. Diet Coke also stimulates insulin production giving you the same problems, only this time you haven't ingested sugar so your blood sugar drops way down also. Double-whammy. Search on the web for "aspartame" and you'll find loads of information on the health problems. As someone once said "To call aspartame a poison would be doing it way too much of a favour".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Originally posted by Stark
    ...on the web for "aspartame" and you'll find loads of information on the health problems. As someone once said "To call aspartame a poison would be doing it way too much of a favour".

I saw one site that advanced a theory that Michael J Fox's mass consumption of aspertane rich Diet Pepsi, during his tenure as spokesman, was linked, in a causative manner, to his development of Parkionson's disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I drink loads of diet coke, usually at least 2 litres a day! I like both kinds, but i save 800-ish calories by having 2 litres of diet instead of 2 litres of regular.

Advertisement