Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a bargain? Maxtor 60GB External Firewire HD

• 14-05-2004 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

...down from US$200 to US$90 (i.e. about €75...)

Special offer at Amazon incl. free shipping within the US.

Should I order one to my sister-in-law's address? (She'll be coming "home" next month...) — or is this not so great a deal? I see Komplett offering a 160GB model for €212.27...

But 60GB would keep me going for a good while...

WhaddoIdo...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Wow thats cheap. I'd say go for it. You can always put a bigger drive in it if you find you need the space at later date. I'd say you'd find 60 fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

hate to burst your bubble but amazon.com does not shipping electronics etc outside the US (deal with manufactureres plus warranty claims etc)
    read the fine pring:
    Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by silent
    hate to burst your bubble but amazon.com does not shipping electronics etc outside the US (deal with manufactureres plus warranty claims etc)
    read the fine pring:
    Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

Should I order one to my sister-in-law's address? (She'll be coming "home" next month...)

:rolleyes:

Peckerhead: that sounds like a really good deal, and if the drive does ever feck up on you, you could easilt mail it to your sister in the US and have her mail it to Amazon under warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

silent, read the original post first, before you reply...
    fragile & Ricardo, yeah, I reckon i'll go for it. What's to lose..?

ph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the one i'm looking at in that link is 113 dollars i think? is it the saving you where looking at which is 87 dollars? just in case that matters

data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Ooh! The sly buggers! No, it was definitely down from $199.99 to $89.99 — a 55% saving — when I put it in my shopping cart and posted this.

Now it's $112.99, and when I went to my shopping cart I got a message saying that the page had experienced some technical error and — surprise, surprise — my shopping cart had been emptied! Apologies, etc...

Well, they can stick it up their jacksy now, is all I can say!
    It looks nice and "ergonomic", at least...:D

(Angry) peckerhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sly gits.

Theres a new model now that has a memory card reader in it and has a USB2 hub in it. Which is a handy device. Its pricey, I've only seen it on Overclockers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

If you're sending it to an address in the US I hear you'd be best of to get her to order it with her own credit card. I read in another thread that you can be done for fraud using your card to deliver to a place in the US....thus avoiding customs taxes or something.

Advertisement