Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey new album.

Options
  • 14-05-2004 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard it yet?
    i have it but have not heard any feedback from anyone else apart from the predictable music paper reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

yeah bought it earlier.

great album,planty of elodies keyboards and morrisseys singing voice improves all the time,not to mention the biting lyrics !!

standout tracks on the first couple of listens are "i have forgiven jesus" "im not sorry " and "the first of the gang to die".

Song 12 is excellent too think its called you know I wouldnt last.......

go out and buy it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I dont share your enthusiam for it unfortunately.

The way i see it he's now reduced to parodying himself, and playing with a cheesy rock riffs band. The album was produced by blink 182s producer which is great in the right context but with morrissey it just doesnt make sense.

Did anyone see him on Jonathan Woss last night? It was very funny at times.

.....you seem to have made your mind up about the album before you`ve heard it....

its probaby his third best solo album behind viva hate and vauxhall and I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Only listened to it once so far but on first impressions I like it. Not his best solo album but pretty good 7.5/10. Saw hin on woss his usual misserable self nice to see that altough some things change moz will always be a moany, misserable socialy inept recluse which are all complements.

Originally posted by m
    .....you seem to have made your mind up about the album before you`ve heard it....

i got it two weeks ago. i have to say ive listened it to death. but i still come back to the same thing. The fact he still sings great, writes good songs/lyrics but decides to go with a iffy rock backing band that dont complement him in any way. that song "The Never-Played Symphonies" is a nice one though probably cos its one of the only songs on the album that isnt smothered with distorted crunchy guitars and wild drums, but its only gonna be a bside apparently.

Not a patch on vauxhall & i and not even remotely similar to the mighty smiths.

good to see hes still the same though. the fact that he is exactly what he claims to be in his songs i definately worth something. Also its great he doesnt think twice about doin this: http://www.itv.com/news/1579372.html

• Advertisement

thats strange cause the never played symphonies is not on the album but an extra track on the cd 2 of the irish blood......single.

I think you have to judge each album on its own merits not keep comparing them to previous work.Thats how so many people like a bands debut album,they have no reference point and can`t compare it to previous work.

The albums sounds to me like one that yo have to listen to in its entireity,most of the songs have a link into each other.Its not a classic,granted but not everything has to be

yeah your probably right. i think i was expecting a masterpiece cos of the seven year hiatus.
    he stole from the rich and the poor and the not very rich and the very poor...

i'd give a testicle to see him at dublin castle! hes playing the day after i finish my finals. i cant believe damien dempsey is supporting him on his much anticipated mancheseter comeback.

i just got another new song called 'Lost'. quite good.

yeah damien dempsey is playing but the main support is franz ferdinand,2 out of 3 aint bad !

flying over saturday morning.........

you are??!!

"its so unfair, i just want to cry..."

Just to let you know the c4 documentry "The importance of being Morrissey" is on tonight at 1.45 first shon about 2 years ago lots of interviews with the man himself.

• Advertisement

goldfish it was only last year it was shown,around august !!time flying that fast for you ?!!

Irish blood single came in at no 3 in the new uk charts,17 here........

I see you have lowered your expectations regarding st.pats this season ?maybe you might win the 1st division next year ?!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

The morrissey gig shown in 'the importance of being morrissey' is one of the shows (I think it was the second one) from the two ambassador gigs he did a couple of years ago. I was at it :)

Good documentary, even if you're not a mozzer fanatic, its nessecary viewing for any music fan.

Originally posted by dead air
    Good documentary, even if you're not a mozzer fanatic, its nessecary viewing for any music fan.

I know some music fans who wont tune in for it.:rolleyes:

That Ross interview cracked me up:
    JR: Does everyone call you Morrissey?
    M: Absolutely everyone

JR: Can I call you Steven?
    M: No

JR: Can I be your friend after the show?
    M: I don’t think so.

hahaha!

jross_interview.jpg

about bowie:

M: I could tell you stories, Jonathan, and you’d never listen to “Let’s Dance” again. :D

JR: Wasn’t he in his drug phase then?

M: So? People go through drug phases and they’re really nice and flattering.

haha!

m it seemed longer than last augest.
    as for winning the fist division next year we havent a hope the way were playing at the moment.

Advertisement