Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trance

• 14-05-2004 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

can anyone give me some good trance dj's songs? lookin for stuff similar to futuretrance comp if any1 knows it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

theres good trance?:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

just d/l any dj Tiesto set....out of this world (literally). Otherwise, ferry corsten/Kai Tracid/Armin Van Buuren/Paul Van Dyk/Tilman Uhrmacher..............that should keep ya going for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Cor Fijneman and Johan Gielen. Aswell as what Eurorunner suggested.
    There are still some good trance djs out there but you have to know who they are.
    Don't be put off by the techno snobs like Helix :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Originally posted by Helix

Theres good techno?? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

ah here pete u know dats a silly statement in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

dj Tiesto would be the best i guess, if you are downloading good idea to search for balearic trance got some real good unknown tunes from that search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

forget the rest just concentrate on PVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Plenty of it, don't like the Tiesto/Van Dyk style at all myself, but have a listen to something like the "symphony" album by phony orphants and then you might change your mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I haven't heard any decent trance since the 20th century, but If you get a few mixes by the usual suspects (PVD, Oakenfold, etc) you'll probably get a feel for who's rinsing the deep 'n' dark and who's belting out the cheese.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You going to creation tonight sico??

• Advertisement

for good trance check out some of the online stations.
    www.ets-global.org
    www.trancesphere.com
    www.tranceairwaves.com

and to find out the latest info

www.trance.nu
    www.tranceaddict.com

If I can scab a lift, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

if you have broadband look here for mix sets of various types

http://www.lekkerlui.nl/LandDownUnder/plug.php?p=downloads

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Sico
    If I can scab a lift, yeah.
    Táck might offer you one at a charge,
    he is givin me an scrawny a llift there and back..?
    1 space left..

It's cool Lenny, I'm sure I'll know someone heading down. Cheers though.

No probs so
    Gues ill be seeing you there..
    still no directions released yet :(
    something bogey must be up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

whered u disappear off to lenny?

did lyonsy come in the end?

was talkin to tyranny off here this mornin again, can never remember that **** whenever i meet him lol

dunno why tho, hes a top ****in bloke

AHh i dono. i was doing my usual wonders lol,
    didn't think i was disappearin that much :p

Did u all have a good night i wanted to go out so much but im on my last warning from work 4 not turning up so i couldent go. i had a great rave in my bedroom last night yeaa right ! i sat on my bed doing warterfalls till about 6 in da morning sayin to myself ' I should b out there'. Nice 1 4 tryin 2 get me out there lisa and pete i,ll be there 4 da next 1 and well get it down gatecrasher style. VIVA ACID HOUSE. Thyis is neil armstrong signing out and 1 more thing TECHNO DOSENT NEED POPSTARS

Brush your teeth Twice a day keeps da dentist far away. You's have to give me a warning a few weeks before the next 1 so can get time off work no **** that, if i dont have enough time itl b worty gettin fired 4. You's should have come out 2 da shelter on friday night i played my first gig it was a good night i played frorm 1 till 2 and i had da dance floor rockin with some filthy electro. this is darly signing out. SEEEEEElattttt .Post from LYONSY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

talkin of Tiesto, just took delivery of his DVD "another day at the office", follows him around the world on his tour in 2002....its fcukin class...2 solid hours of tunes patries, birds and the man himself....some of the parties are unreal...in a desert in Israel....10 hour set in Amsterdam and then LA and Miami...top notch stuff....just for good measure they threw an empty coke can into the box with a picture of tiesto on it and it says tiesto in concert on it....class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i saw tiesto in einhoven two years ago and thought he was bollocks to be honest... really disjointed set, no flow to it, he spent more time jumping about like gigi d'agostino than actually mixing... i was quite prepared to take off my "grumpy junglist" hat and have an irony free night out but by god he was awful. dave clarke made up for it afterwards though....

i can never figure out what the atraction is with trance, i think its like going to the dentist... you need serious amounts of chemicals to make it bearable and youre left like a drooling idiot afterwards.... i dont think its "uplifting" - its just really really manipulative layered melodies over a totally sterile variety free kickdrum with an identikit snare drum buildup every 63 bars or so... to each his own mind you, and i think the stuff hardfloor were putting out around the mid nineties was genuinely cool and innovative... [check out their remix of robert armani's circus bells - there were no less than 13 seperate 303's used in the making of that tune :eek:]but why the hell you would want to listen to music that sounds like its been surgically modified to remove all traces of anything resembling soul flavour or attitude is just beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

i agree with a lot of what your sayin there and there is no denying that the drugs play a vital role in the whole thing....i know trance isnt very innovative or musically special, and that shows from the crowd that it pulls, but there is somethin about it that draws me to it....i mean i love techno.....felix da housecat...DJ Rush (what a lunatic), Richie Hawtin, and Sven are my favourites...but I mean tiesto comes out, big smile on his face, playin stuff that really messes with your head, all tweaks and crazy sounds...playin his remixes...its a real show, and creates a mad crazy atmosphere...some sets that just give me shivers are Dance Valley 2001, where he plays his remix of Kosheen Hungry, Members of Mayday 10 in 1, CJ Boland the Prophet....among others...its a mental set. 2002 In Club Space in Miami is class also, when he plays a track with the last few lines from my favourite film True Romance (Your so cool...) As is his set in Eliat in Israel and Area2 tour inLA...I can totally see where your comin from Tyranny, and Trance is for the kids...even though im 22, but i just dont take it so seriously and i can see it for what it is...music to get fcuked up to...but i LOVE it....i must remember to use that dentist analogy though...im sure ill be claimin that as my own some nite!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

i can never figure out what the atraction is with trance, i think its like going to the dentist... you need serious amounts of chemicals to make it bearable and youre left like a drooling idiot afterwards.... i dont think its "uplifting"

The attraction for me is that its uplifting. You only beleive that you need serious chemicals to make it bearable cos it simply isnt your bag. To each there own.
    Personally, i can confirm that trance has its own value without the disco biscuits.

well id never put anyone down because of wht they were into, i quit that a while ago, it just doesnt work and makes you look like an arrogant wanker... im not too into techno either, but the subtlety that a really good well mixed set of techno can contain is its greatest strength... i like drum and bass because its the only music that can have the most mental raved up bad boy vibe about it while still doing something substantial and rooted in musical history and having a sense of variety off mood and expression... sure its a drug thing too, but theres stuff going on thats as deep and as complex sa you can want music to be... i find the combination of threatening vibes and joyful musical vibes against a shifting polyrhythmic background with an mc chatting gibberish on top of it all to be far more uplifting than a minor key arpeggio over a four four kickrum with a bass note on the offbeat...

but sure as the bible says in my fathers house there are many mansions... i just dont like to suffer with the little children!:D ;)

attachment.php?postid=2666591

i absolutely live for trance..
    i think thats balls aswell about the whole needing chemicals to enjoy it..
    obviously for some people they need chemicals but that simply means they dont really like the music.simple as that...

And what about tiesto. did any of ye hear? he was made a knight by the royal family of holland recently.... that means he is now Sir Tiesto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Tiesto
    And what about tiesto. did any of ye hear? he was made a knight by the royal family of holland recently.... that means he is now Sir Tiesto :)
    lol, i can just picture some 16 year old pill fiend holding up a "sir Tiesto" placard at a Tiesto gig:D

Originally posted by tman
    lol, i can just picture some 16 year old pill fiend holding up a "sir Tiesto" placard at a Tiesto gig:D

i cant.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tek

Empyreal Sun feat. Elles de Graaf - From Dark To Light (Original Mix)
    check this out

Advertisement