Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which HC speakers?

Options
  • 14-05-2004 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I am looking at putting together my first home cinema and am trying to decide between the following speakers. I know that nothing is better than to get to listen to them myself but since can't really find anyone in Ireland that stocks them it's kind of hard to demo them. So essentially that leaves me to asl others opinions on which would be the best set.

Prices include delivery chanrge
    KEF KHT 2005.2 @ €830 from Germany, €1,080 in Ireland until May 31 or €1200 otherwise
    Infinity Oreus @ €770 from Germany, €1,199 in Ireland
    Infininty Modulus @ €930 from Germany, no price in Ireland
    Velodyne Deco @ €830 from England, no price in Ireland

I'm kind of leaning more towards the Kef at the moment as they seem to score well on 'expert' reviews and I like the look of them.

The Modulus would probably be my 2nd runner at the moment except can't seem to confirm that there are stands available to suit them. Stands is also an issue with the Oreus as the one supplied by Infinity are too expensive for what they do in my opinion at about €160 per pair.

The Velodyne I only came across yesterday so have no idea what they are like really, only found a few basic reviews which rate them as good as the Kef's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

if you will be spending that much on speakers, you really should listen before buying. i know easier said than done. KEF is the most well known name of those 4 IMO.

Advertisement