Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars : galaxies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I think you'll find that the uber kids who want Jedis also don't want anyone else to be Jedis so they can own all. :) They want them to be just as rare as everyone else does, as long as they can be one.

I think you don't like Kinetic purely for movie/roleplayer reasons Venom. :P It can be changed to Energy or Heat or whatever I don't mind, just as long as the rest of the playerbase has access to high effectiveness armour to counter it. With a 'saber' damage type no-one would have any chance against Jedi.

Pearl and Crystal decay won't be anywhere near as fast as weapon decay I'd say, or the change would be pointless. They're also talking about changing how pearls and crystals are acquired, so I think Jedi's will have little enough to complain about given how effective they will be.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I've started playing this again now that I have time over the summer, I'm on farstar but for the life of me I can't actually find any players. I'm currently on Moenia on Naboo and there isn't a soul to be seen anywhere.

Has the game suffered a massive drop in players or are they all hiding? Last time I was playing Moenia was a hotbed of Imperial vs Rebel action and it was always busy, it's pretty sad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    Yeah they do. Loads of little kids want jedis running around everywhere and they want to be one.

Don't forget, there's 2 kinds of people who play this game. One kind who wants total continuity, and believe that there should be only a handfull of jedi in the entire game, and the other kind who just want an uber powerful (and loadsa lights) PvP with the backdrop of it being star wars.

I think the main reasion so many people are going for Jedi, knowing that in there current state are a pretty gimped class is due to a lack of content in the game. Every other class can be mastered in a few days and with CMs ruling or ruining pvp and the GCW being pretty pointless for most part,all these factors make people either quit or go for a jedi class just to do something.

Continuity has been totaly fooked up from day one of SWG and its gotten to a point where i dont think the devs can fix it. Remember the early days when everyone was part CH? Or when droids were never seen due to them being completly worthless. Rebels are running wild on most servers due to lack of Imps so the pro continuity people can either deal with it or pay Soe 500 grand a month topay for all the changes and loss of income for Soe when the changes needed to make SWG a real Star Wars games makes 99.9% of the player base quit.

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    I think you'll find that the uber kids who want Jedis also don't want anyone else to be Jedis so they can own all. :) They want them to be just as rare as everyone else does, as long as they can be one.

I think you don't like Kinetic purely for movie/roleplayer reasons Venom. :P It can be changed to Energy or Heat or whatever I don't mind, just as long as the rest of the playerbase has access to high effectiveness armour to counter it. With a 'saber' damage type no-one would have any chance against Jedi.

Pearl and Crystal decay won't be anywhere near as fast as weapon decay I'd say, or the change would be pointless. They're also talking about changing how pearls and crystals are acquired, so I think Jedi's will have little enough to complain about given how effective they will be.

Teeth.

The uber **** always want to be the only ones with the fun toys. Just look at all the cry baby BH's who wanted Mandalorian armor to be BH only! Even as a MBH I though this was just dumb as it dosent fit into the mythos of the Mandalorians at all.

I dont really consider myself a rper but the damage type does bother me as its kinda stupid to thing a laser sword hits just like a baseball bat. Sabre damage should have a counter but no way should have 80% resists that are so easy to get. Something like stun damage and level where you can get a good suit with these resists but its going to cost you millions will make it a bit fairer to jedi. Noobs in crappy ubeese armor should not be able to stand there and laugh while I hit them with a 5tht gen all pearl sabre.

Pearls and crystals are vital to a Jedi. Not even for the bonus to the sabre with is cool, but because you cant make any sabre bar the crappy training one without them. It would be like a marksman not being able to level his pistol skills unless they paid 20 million every 2 weeks for a new gun. Pearls and crystals should either be jedi made and crafted or come from jedi only quests. Jedi cant own houses or harvesters nor can they harvest hides or meat to sell. Jedi are not ment to be in the economy so neither should the items they must have to level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

got my first holocron last night

i must master :

Image design :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

couldnt have gave me a worst class personally, its the one thing i wanted totally nothing to do with... and i hear it will take months to master which is shìt really :(

• Advertisement

Dont bother mate. Once pub 9 goes live which will be 2 - 4 weeks, no one will be able to unlock via prof grinding. You might as well wait for pub 10 and the jedi quest system.

so holos will no longer exist then? great stuff...

will i lose everything i worked towards though is the question?

thank god really as i was tempted just to start a new character, given that i have no need for and or want to ID.. im novice musician and getting on at dancer, why not one of those entertainer ones :(

what happens after patch comes out anyway? will i still be novice swordsman/rifleman/musician still or what yeh?

also memnoch can you check your pm's, cheers :)

Originally posted by Big Chief
    so holos will no longer exist then? great stuff...

*They will just be house decorations if they still drop.*

will i lose everything i worked towards though is the question?

thank god really as i was tempted just to start a new character, given that i have no need for and or want to ID.. im novice musician and getting on at dancer, why not one of those entertainer ones :(

*Well what profs have you holo ground? If none then you will be bottom of the ladder starting from scratch. The more you have done as in holo told profs 1-4 you will be further up the ladder to hitting Jedi.*

what happens after patch comes out anyway? will i still be novice swordsman/rifleman/musician still or what yeh?

*Yes as the changes only will effect current Jedi*

also memnoch can you check your pm's, cheers :)

so if i get the profs i want to get i will be fine then and it will come up? ive not got any holo profs yet.. id was my first one and my desire to get it isnt very high really, max 600xp for doing a stats change and who reallly wants one of those often? 400xp for body changes... you need about 750000 to get master? not a chance...

i plan on getting swordsman/rifleman/creature handler/master doc or combat medic and musician

TKA also stands out as a good prof after watching players use it often and in pvp, tempted to take that also up

if i mastered these profs would i be any way towards jedi when new patch comes out? or do only holos matter at the minute till the patch comes?

>>> confused <<<

apologies for thick questions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

got my first holocron last night

i must master :

Image design :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

couldnt have gave me a worst class personally, its the one thing i wanted totally nothing to do with... and i hear it will take months to master which is shìt really :(

My first was Weaponssmith. Which doesn't sound too bad except:

a) I didn't have artisan
    b) Once yuo get to Engineering 4, you need another 21,000 crafting points to get to novice WS - which takes absolutely ages
    c) Finding decent materials is a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement

so if i get the profs i want to get i will be fine then and it will come up? ive not got any holo profs yet.. id was my first one and my desire to get it isnt very high really, max 600xp for doing a stats change and who reallly wants one of those often? 400xp for body changes... you need about 750000 to get master? not a chance...

i plan on getting swordsman/rifleman/creature handler/master doc or combat medic and musician

TKA also stands out as a good prof after watching players use it often and in pvp, tempted to take that also up

if i mastered these profs would i be any way towards jedi when new patch comes out? or do only holos matter at the minute till the patch comes?

>>> confused <<<

apologies for thick questions

I think you have the wrong line on how to open a jedi slot the current way.

You use a holo and it tells you to master a certain prof. When this is done you repeat with another holo and a different prof. You will get told 4 times what prof to master. Once you have mastered these 4 prof the 4 holos told you you need to guess the 5th or silient prof that will unlock your slot. Some people have have to master all 32 profs to unlock. While you could be lucky and unlock the FS slot with your 5th prof Iv never heard of anyone been so lucky.

Now the 5 key profs (4 the holos tell you and the 5th you need to guess) are generated when you create your character. If for example you had to master BH,rifleman,doc,CH and fencer to open your FS slot the holos would tell you the first 4 and when you mastered fencer your slot would appear.

Talking BH as your first key prof.......
    Now my guess is, to get a boost up the ladder in the jedi quest gig your need to have mastered a key prof. Master 1 (BH)and you are ahead a little, master all 4 and you are ahead most of the way. However if you mastered just BH and they 10 none key profs I dont believe you would be any further ahead than if you just mastered BH. My reasion for this is that only the people who holo grinded who have holo grinded will be rewarded and the quest system will check your character gen tag to see how far along you are to unlocking and modify the quest for you. If it was just based on how many random profs someone has grinded assuming they have not mastered any key profs by accident it would be unfair on those who did holo grind.

Hope this clear it up for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi all

Just started SWG last nite it looks like a good game.Slowly getting use to the controlls.
    Im on the Euro - Chimera server names Gamill and im a novice marksman. Give me a shout when your on.

Cheers
    Gamill.

Originally posted by Venom
    I think you have the wrong line on how to open a jedi slot the current way.

You use a holo and it tells you to master a certain prof. When this is done you repeat with another holo and a different prof. You will get told 4 times what prof to master. Once you have mastered these 4 prof the 4 holos told you you need to guess the 5th or silient prof that will unlock your slot. Some people have have to master all 32 profs to unlock. While you could be lucky and unlock the FS slot with your 5th prof Iv never heard of anyone been so lucky.

Now the 5 key profs (4 the holos tell you and the 5th you need to guess) are generated when you create your character. If for example you had to master BH,rifleman,doc,CH and fencer to open your FS slot the holos would tell you the first 4 and when you mastered fencer your slot would appear.

Talking BH as your first key prof.......
    Now my guess is, to get a boost up the ladder in the jedi quest gig your need to have mastered a key prof. Master 1 (BH)and you are ahead a little, master all 4 and you are ahead most of the way. However if you mastered just BH and they 10 none key profs I dont believe you would be any further ahead than if you just mastered BH. My reasion for this is that only the people who holo grinded who have holo grinded will be rewarded and the quest system will check your character gen tag to see how far along you are to unlocking and modify the quest for you. If it was just based on how many random profs someone has grinded assuming they have not mastered any key profs by accident it would be unfair on those who did holo grind.

Hope this clear it up for you :)

thanks for that venom but i was aware how it currently works, i am however confused to as how it will work when the new patch comes out, ppl in guild chat have told me that holos will effectively just be door stops with the new patch?

this is the part im confused about really, i knew about the holo grinding etc in the current patch (but thanks for the long explination as it cleared up a couple of things)

its just how it will work in the new patch im currently confused, few ppl have just told me to ignore ID and get on with what i want to do as holos will be obsolete next patch? or they are not entirely sure

edit = joe90 my name is C-hiefy on the chimaera server, add me to friends list or /tell next time your on if you need a lil help here and there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Thanks Big chief

will see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I just started playing as well. I'm on Europe chimera.

The names WarraChew, a wookie marksman. It's very adictive but I could do with some help and maybe a few credits to help start me off.

I lost my bloody speedbike early on. Didn't get much use out of it at all. Stupid glitch wouldn't let me get back on the bike because it was in a dodgey spot.

Don't even need credits but a decent rifle would be nice or some armour if any of you are crafters.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

just started playing this, swapped my planetside account for a mates SWG account..

gonna take a while to get used to it, but looks good so far..

play on euro chimaera

/tell C-hiefy

ill always help you out if i can

I just started playing as well. I'm on Europe chimera.  The names WarraChew, a wookie marksman. It's very adictive but I could do with some help and maybe a few credits to help start me off.  I lost my bloody speedbike early on. Didn't get much use out of it at all. Stupid glitch wouldn't let me get back on the bike because it was in a dodgey spot.  Don't even need credits but a decent rifle would be nice or some armour if any of you are crafters.   BloodBath

you can store it from datapad, and it always stays in your datapad, you cant lose it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I got tired of SWG now..

I'm Master doctor / Master Rifleman... I have about 5mill credits, and if I sell all the buffpacks I've made I'll have 11mill.

I got speedtapes so I'm speedcapped rifleman, and I have a krayt T-21 and a krayt DXR-6b.
    I think I have 3 full sets of comp armour... I have a big house, I can solo krayts without any problems at all really, and with a tank its a joke.

Basically, I just dont know what I'm supposed to do in the game.
    From Tuesday next week until patch 10, there is no unlocking jedi slots.
    So, I'm done I think... I really dont know what to do ...

I think I'll stop playing until patch 10 is out (a month or so) and then give it a try again... but as of right now, I really have nothing to do.

I can add that I've been playing for 3 months, so I guess people were right, its a very good game but there just isn't enough content to keep you occupied for more than 3 - 4 months...

Anyways, I think I'll skip paying now, and re-active my account after patch 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Well theres lots of things you could do..

You could try getting into PVP and killing some rebel scum (or imperial dogs, if you're that way inclined).

You could try switching guilds to a more active and organised PVP one, to go on raids and base take-downs regularily.

You could grind out your 4 holo-professions (this will give you a big head-start in the Force-Sensitive quests when publish 10 comes out) - you might even get lucky and unlock, although you won't be sure this has happened until publish 10.

You could try some different professions - it's easy to be complacent as a Rifleman/Doc as you've got so much damage and are so self-sufficient, but there are lots of other professions to try.

You could get into crafting and earn some serious cash.

You could do all the cool quests, themeparks, and try for all of the exploration badges.

You could aim to collect interesting loot like Bounty Hunter armour, Berserker rifle, AV-21 speeder, faction armour etc.

I was in pretty-much the same position you were in when my character was 3 months old. I was an RM/Doc also. So I switched guilds to KDS and haven't looked back, there's so much PVP action happening every day and I'm gradually trying various templates and collecting interesting things for my house. :)

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

You could try some different professions - it's easy to be complacent as a Rifleman/Doc as you've got so much damage and are so self-sufficient, but there are lots of other professions to try.

I agree with what you are saying.. the thing is though, it feels like starting all over again.
    Right now, Speedcapped rifleman with Krayt T-21 that does over 500damage combined with Master Doc is about as good as it gets for PvE (non-jedi).

If I was to drop my professions and go for something else, it feels like starting all over again, but this time with the knowledge that no matter what I choose, I will be worse off in the end than I am now.
    I just dont feel like doing that...

PvP is horrible right now, and is limited to certain professions (CM/Fencer/Pistoleer/TK with various defences stacked).
    I mean, put up a BH agains a Fencer, and whats the most likely outcome?
    Funny thing is, I didnt even have to mention the equipment they have, because Fencer is soo much more powerful in PvP than BH, that the equipment is disregardable.

I'll come back to the game after pub 10 just to see if the Jedi quests are fun, unless I'm stuck in WoW at that time, but until then I think I'm gonna play UT2004 and work on getting RSI like I did after playing the original UT for about 2 years :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement