Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Knot

Options
  • 14-05-2004 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

do the knot still have it or have they lost it....
    Like i like Duality but i kinda feel they mite be losin it

do the knot still have it 14 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Can't say I've ever really liked Slipknot, but this new song is definitely their best in my view. It'll be interesting to hear the rest of the album.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

imo they lost it with IOWA and this new song aint any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

They lost it with their self titled album. Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat was a good EP though. Funky shít.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I agree. They lost it with IOWA. Liked their S/T. Haven't heard the first EP tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I dunno. The new album is rather mellow compared to their previous ones, but I prefer it. Maybe I'm getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

There movin on and expanding , they havent lost anythin. At least they aint sitting around going stale bringing out the same stuff every time. Have you heard pulse of the maggots or welcome??? Two very different songs to duality.

Duality will make slipknot more acceptable to new people I think It will ease people in and "Hard-core" fans wont like that I think.

Personally I think all the albums have been great and I cant wait to get my hands on this one.

Oh and I meet corey and got my guitar singed by joey ;)

Slipknot has no "Hard Core" (as you put it) fans, apart from a small number, many of their fans were captured by Wait and Bleed, which was essentially a pop song, by people in masks and jumpsuits. Their self-titled started off ok, but got weaker as the album progressed, except for Prosthetics and Purity (which was stopped printing shortly afterwards due to legal reasons). MFKR was the only good thing they really did, after that Ross Robinson got his grubby little fingers into them...

LOL no hard core fans? I doubt it!! Talk to the guys at comeplaydying and im sure they will disagree!!

I am well aware of the legal reasons of why the songs were removed and I would agree that the album got weaker as it came towards the end of the album. But to say that MFKR was thier only good album?!! Thats crazy! I fail to see how you could disregard all their other albums if you like MFKR ( with the exception of S/T beginning few songs )

Well Im just glad they havent worn off on me as easily as They have on other people and I have been continually impressed by all of thier albums , although Im not sure about this one yet but I still like it.

Perhaps you liked MFKR more because of Paul`s involvment? Much bigger bass sound in that album than any of the newer ones.

But I respect your opinion and can see where your coming from ( except the part about wait and bleed being a pop song :rolleyes: , It was one of the lighter and more acceptable songs yes so it was aired, that doesnt make it poppy(<is that right?) )

It was essentially a pop song is what I said. Menaing not quite, but close to being a pop song. It was mellow, no problem there, but the song structure and everything else was just pants, and little kids everywhere loved it.

MFKR had early versions of Only One and (SIC) on it, listening to the different versions I can still safely say I MUCH prefer the MFKR versions. Which combined with my opinion on the album getting weaker as it goes on, means in my opinion I can say thats where they lost it.

As for hardcore fans, no matter how much they say it, a 10 year old in a hoody who doesn't like his mum and dad isn't hardcore! Lol, I jest (even tho I'm also serious, :rolleyes: ). From experience, I have to say that anyone who was REALLY into that band, just thought they were mad and tried really hard to come across as a mad metaller and it was just comical to say the least. And thats without bringing central bankers into the equation! :) The only tring hardcore can mean in this sense is their passion and support for the band, cuz the people most definately (for the most part) are not.

Will the guys at comeplaydying tell me they're mad, smoke weed and drink, and cut themselves listening to the 'Knot? Need I go on...?

I love joke bands as much as the next person, Green Jelly are gods, Slipknot just lost everything good they had going in the MFKR era in my opinion, and became a joke band accidentally.

Also, the earlier singer could not sing as well as Cory, easy to admit to that, but after MFKR they added 3 new members to take the numbers from 6 to 9, and there's nto really anything there to show for it. Madness.

Lol yes lets not speak of the central bankers!! what a pack of twats :D

No the guys at comeplaydying are not like that at all the respect slipknot for changing thier style with each album (to a lesser extent with IOWA), they do not go around talking bull**** about how they worship the devil yet think catholism doesnt exist :confused:

Yes I must agree corey is a much better singer than anders , much more range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Whywontitwrok
    they do not go around talking bull**** about how they worship the devil yet think catholism doesnt exist :confused:

I think that statement is a little, erm... odd.
    Catholism being quite easily one of the largest world-wide religion (If not the largest), I don't see how anyone could think that it doesn't exist!? Or for that matter, presume that someone else thinks it doesn't exist.

So with that quite an impossibility, I think you mean to say God doesn't exist.
    Would I be right in presuming so?

Anyway, if you were to look at Satanism, or more accurately, the Anton LeVey school of Satanism, a belief in any gods or higher powers whatsoever isn't required. That includes Satan himself. Quite a paradox it seems, but go read about it, it actually makes quite a bit of sense.

As for Slipknot?
    Terrible band altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EpYon

and well slipknot still have its there just a bit different thats all but yes they still have it !!!!:ninja:

The Anton LaVey ideas were always interesting to say the least. Makes quite a lot of sense too, if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think the new slipknot song is pretty good, although they were really awful when they performed it on Jay Leno's show last night!

Slipknot don't have a massive core of fans in this country. This is why their last Irish gig was cancelled, due to low ticket sales.

Anton LaVey , yes some good ideas but doesnt claim to worship satan, although its easy to see why he was branded

Kids that say that catholicism means nothing and they worship the devil , dont realise that the devil only exsists because of "god". The devil is the temptation to do evil he is almost the foil of god. Those idiot kids that say they dont think a god could ever exist but "worship" the devil are idiots! Thats all I was really saying :D

Anyway starting to get OT so,

I like slipknot , you dont(with exception of MFKR) :D I still think they got it , you dont. Lets end it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Lol yes lets not speak of the central bankers!! what a pack of twats

Shut Up,
    I used to be a central banker,
    best years of my life,
    opened my eyes to a ****load more than i expected

K maybe a little stereotypical but most of the peopl(from personal experience) around there are sensless and they just want to fit in in a "different" way! They all just end up being the same. I Used to hang with people who would hang around there and I never liked it. Everyone was sadder(in a boo hoo and loser way) than the next person and didnt wanna be looked at, But at the same time all they wanted was your attetion.

Im sure there are some good ones but from my experience they have all been fools:D
    Some of the older ones especially can be better but at the same time some of the older ones are the worst ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Whywontitwrok
    Kids that say that catholicism means nothing and they worship the devil , dont realise that the devil only exsists because of "god". The devil is the temptation to do evil he is almost the foil of god. Those idiot kids that say they dont think a god could ever exist but "worship" the devil are idiots!

Stop pigeonholing others into your outdated belief system. Religion is an idea created by humans. Any other human can create his/her own idea, and his/her own religion - ergo, they can create their own belief system where there is no "god", but there is a "devil".

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i claim to have a somewhat oldschool taste but i must say that i quite like slipknot cannot wait to see em.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by mayordenis
    i claim to have a somewhat oldschool taste but i must say that i quite like slipknot cannot wait to see em.:D

I seen 'em live before. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Even the hardcore metallica fans might be in for a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Don't like the new song.. But then again, I didn't really like Iowa, Sorta liked the ST for some songs, but it grated a bit, even then.
    The chorus is the worst bit of the song.. not extremely musically dynamic or anything is it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

me personally i dont like slipknot. I liked wait and bleed and then left behind but i just hated what they did. i got the new album yesterday and i must say it is a lot better. there is two acoustic songs on it and one called 'vermillion pt2'and its really good. an there is a few solos on here too. not amazing but its always good to hear a bit of shredding these days withouthaving to go listen to zak wylde or some bender like that. the new stuff is by far better than the old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

Yeah Slipknot still have it. I've been impressed with every album so far and their music is incredibly heavy and original.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

the new album rules and there aint no denying it.

they are playing around with their sound more and i think it has probably added some stability to the group.

theyll be around for a while.

Didn't they announce before they recorded this that it was to be their last one...? :)

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Slipknot has no "Hard Core" (as you put it) fans, apart from a small number, many of their fans were captured by Wait and Bleed, which was essentially a pop song, by people in masks and jumpsuits. Their self-titled started off ok, but got weaker as the album progressed, except for Prosthetics and Purity (which was stopped printing shortly afterwards due to legal reasons). MFKR was the only good thing they really did, after that Ross Robinson got his grubby little fingers into them...

wow, youre so underground man, so hardcore !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

like duality but the rest of there "music" cant understand a word there saying but good for moshing with your mates "not a gang bang before you ask"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

they never had it and never will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    Didn't they announce before they recorded this that it was to be their last one...? :)

Seriously.
    They said that before Iowa too. =/

• Advertisement

" SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison spoke about whether the group will be able to stay together long enough to record the follow-up to their forthcoming CD, "Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Tapes)". "We're going to make it through this tour," Jordison said. "And I'm thinking we're going to make another record. I know [singer] Corey [Taylor] probably said some things [in the past about the band breaking up] that were a little bit misconstrued at the time, and he doesn't feel like that anymore "

There ya go ;)

If you listen to the songs you can easily hear what he is saying. I can sing all song by heart and I have never read a lyric sheet ( not bragging just hate it when people say ya cant hear him he s just scream "KILL YOUR FAMILY AND KIDS AND EVERYONE SHOULD DIE" !!) , oh just to make sure I dont know 100% of all songs :(

Anyway nice to c some more people supporting slipknot, I cant wait till tuesday :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement