Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Knot

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Personally i think their debut was pretty good. Not fantastic, but it did have some great tracks, such as surfacing. Iowa was an overall much better record, with better writing and more experimentation (just listen to the closing track). I'm looking forward to see what they've done with vol. 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

One of my friends, who generally hasn't been into Slipknot but liked Duality, got their album on Saturday, and he says it's really really good. He's got a very good taste in music, and he said that Vermillion part 2 is probably the best song, it's acoustic. I'm interested in hearing some more of the stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Placebo
    wow, youre so underground man, so hardcore !

How does that make him hardcore? He's 100% right, I reckon if it hadn't been for 'wait and bleed' they wouldn't have such a large, moronic band of <strike>retarded little 12 year old spooky kids</strike> 'maggots', who are mostly only into them because it offends their parents. And please, kids, don't write back to this complaining 'OMG I LUV COREY LYRICSSSS!! THEY ARE SO EMOTIONAL AND KEWL!', it's true, most of you only like them because it pisses off yr parents. I was 12 once :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

YE its a pretty cool album alright, very different tho, still roxors your boxors tho ;)

Hey im into slipknot but It doesnt offend my parents AT ALL, Im 17 and choose what I like because I like it!! To think we are so shallow just because we like a band is a stupid attitude from a mod of all people

Some of the good songs on the new album are centainly the two acustic ones (circle, and vermillion prt 2) then there is welcome,pulse of the maggots, the blister exists, three nil and duality. To name a few :D. Cool album I think all fans will like SOME of it, and it will prolly attract a few new fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sefrian

aH Dennis didnt expect to find you on my thread Howya btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

listened to the whole album in hmv today.

some of the songs have some fantastic parts to them, but is ruined by following on with a terrible riff, or corey singing flat or doing his semi-rap (singing free-time)

perfect example is on the second song (cant remember what its called)
    it starts brilliantly, real heavy, very much the "slipknot" sound, but then towards the end the it switches into this drum pounding thing with the "custom percussionists" who had no previous input into the song, which completely ruined it.

the other heavy songs were a mix of excellent deicide-esqe pre-chorus' and fills, rubbish nu-metal single note hammering in verses with an abundance of rests, and choruses with poor vocals (just stay growling corey ffs you cant sing!)

the all the songs on the album just merged into one, and the "light ones" ike Vermillion Pt.2 were very uninpiring.

I expected more now that it was produced by Rick Rubin, although probably we would have had another Iowa without him.

I got bored of the songs very quickly and was flicking on by the second chorus or the breakdown(i assumed theres no solos). i have still to give the album a full listening to but i got a very bad impression from what i heard

Rick Rubin has been with them since their S/T

The song is "The blister exists" Yes the riffs are classic knot riffs real cool intro. The custom percussion is right through the song it sounds like marching band drums listen for it.The rapping is fine in this song.

IF I had to pick a song for "bad" rapping it would be "opium of the people" but even that is growing on me. I love the melody in the chorus :D

I am absolutly LOVING this album!! I love it so mcuh more with every loop!! A song or 2 are not my favourites but the album is almost( only marginally missing) exactly what I wanted ( infact more than what I expected in some regards with all the disappointing metal albums recently released)

And to say corey cant sing is a hideous remark! "screaming" is hard to do and he has proved with bother and circle and vermilion prt2 that he can sing all he wants

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ross Robinson did production for their ST. Dunno bout the rest. He was the one to 'discover' them and get them a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Originally posted by Fozzy
    One of my friends, who generally hasn't been into Slipknot but liked Duality, got their album on Saturday, and he says it's really really good. He's got a very good taste in music, and he said that Vermillion part 2 is probably the best song, it's acoustic. I'm interested in hearing some more of the stuff now.

indeed it is fozzy, very good song.

My apologies Einstürzende,

In my speed of writing I confuzzled the names :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EpYon

mike who is here that denis didnt expecet to find here !!!!! TELL ME R I JILL OWN YOU !!!! FOR I AM GOD :mad: i luv corys new mask its well class but whats with seans it like a big piece of **** on his face !!!! it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I like the new song Pulse of the Maggots. A mate showed it to me the other day, its fairly class alright.

Ye thats a cool song alright, Out of all the "new" masks I would have to say that shawn`s is the one I would like least. It just doesnt seem to "fit".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sefrian

mike who is here that denis didnt expecet to find here !!!!! TELL ME R I JILL OWN YOU !!!! FOR I AM GOD i luv corys new mask its well class but whats with seans it like a big piece of **** on his face !!!! it sucks
    He was her now he has left where he has gone i am not aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EpYon

denis konws **** his boi ...HEy denis i saw you walking home from school today a was heading to work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What the hell does any of that have to do with anything!?

Keep all these off-topic mumblings to private message if you want to converse between yourselves...
    Don't ruin a thread with it.

Thread locked...

Everyone else, feel free to start up a new thread on this topic again if you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement