Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrated Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

Options
  • 14-05-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Im looking to buy a new laptop, from the Dell website, i was just wondering how "Integrated Intel(R) Extreme Graphics" compare to an actual graphics card?
    For example is it possible to play any 3d accelerated games with it, or will i need a card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Integrated graphics = Rubbish
    Seriously, theyre not worth a damn, get a dedicated video card, the mobility 9600 is a good laptop card

ps, you might get a better response if you post this on the technology board

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

fair enough the gfx card is rubbush but you can still play all the lastest games unless your well into your games go for the one l5 said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

if youve any intention at all of playing games on it then do not get an integrated graphics chip. You'll regret it and it'll be a big job putting a new card into a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by L5
    You'll regret it and it'll be a big job putting a new card into a laptop.

impossible i would say without a hammer and chisel :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

ok i think ill get one with a card, what about the dell 5100? or any one got any recommendations ive a buget of 1500eur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by falteringstar
    ok i think ill get one with a card, what about the dell 5100? or any one got any recommendations ive a buget of 1500eur.

It depends what you want to use it for. Ive the 500m myself ( i think it's the 510m now). Its class. Very light and small. Get one with a Centrino if you travel....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

just a general all purpose laptop, college stuff, internet and games (which are my main motivation for the switch)

What does the centrino do?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Centrinos use a lot less power so the battery should last longer, they also contribute to a laptop being nice and slim. Don't be fooled by the low clockspeeds, they give your average desktop P4's a run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

jes computer have a acer laptop for 1300 with the best laptop graphics on the market radeon 9700 mobility.

check it out, there is a sticky with the website in the HW/modding forum called pc specs a little help

data

Advertisement