Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Anytime 150 ?? Not so Great?

• 14-05-2004 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I know its not a "broadband" related question, but seeing as Eircom say our line is not good enough for bb I am stuck with the Anytime 150 package and its 150 hours a month.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has trouble dialing up to this service. It always takes about 5 attempts minimum and sometimes about 10-15. I seem to remember that despite the 150 hours being free there is a standard "dial up charge" for each call. This will certainly add up over the month.

Strangely enough when I use the standard dial up number (as I am doing now) it nearly always works first time. Seems quite strange.

Anyway let me know if anyone else is having these problems?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by blobert
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has trouble dialing up to this service. It always takes about 5 attempts minimum and sometimes about 10-15. I seem to remember that despite the 150 hours being free there is a standard "dial up charge" for each call. This will certainly add up over the month.
    There's no dial-up charge. If you're getting charged anything but the flat €30 for 1893 calls (make sure you're not dialling the 1892 or 1891 one) then scream bloody murder at them.
    Strangely enough when I use the standard dial up number (as I am doing now) it nearly always works first time. Seems quite strange.

Anyway let me know if anyone else is having these problems?
    Probably congestion at the port. Nothing you can do about it.

Personally, I would recommend switching to UTVip. They're €5 cheaper and you get 30 hours extra. Plus, if you get a busy signal, it automatically switches dialup number (when you use their dialler) to a 1892 number, that gets you connected first time, but is set up so that it's part of your flat-rate, i.e. you're connected over the per minute number, but you're not paying per minute.

I've never had any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Had it for a few months before BB which I just got yesterday- worked fine always connected first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks guys.

I guess it's fine as long as I'm not being charged for all the dial ups.

I was on UTVip before and that worked pretty well.

Would switch back except am waiting for Irish Broadband.

They said they would install within three weeks. That was two months ago.

Fantastic.

Advertisement