Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbelievable!!!

Options
  • 14-05-2004 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Just finished a game of holdem downstairs with housemates. We play 3-4 times a week for a couple of quid.

Bare with me because this is going to get complicated

We are down to the last three. Me and two othere. I'm double which is about 1/3 of my chps at this stage. A2 suited. Dealer, who is first to act goes all in with slightly less than me. Single bling folds. I call. Showdown!

He has pocket 8's. Bugger :(

First card on flop: A :)

Second card on flop: 2 :)

Third card: 2 ( or so we thought, i'm very happy at this stage: full house )

Turn card Q

Then the single blind who has folded shouts "why are there three burns". Sure enough there are 3 burns where there should only be 2.
    Dealer by mistake burned a card after the first two on the flop (retard).

So we turn the second 2 face down and fish the incorrectly burned card out of the pile.
    What is it?.......

A fecking 8 giving him trips and me two pair.

Next the Queen which we thought was the turn card is put in the burn pile and the proper turn card is taken out of the burn pile.

What do you think it is?

Gives him house and me house. He has 8's full of 2's and i have 2's full of A's

Only one card to come now.
    Burns correctly and........

Flips an A!!!!!

Wohoo.
    Full house 3 A's + 2 2's

Unbelievable. Is that not the freakiest hand of poker ever?

Ps. I lost heads up

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pretty freaky, though I've seen weirder too!
    the odds of 2 pair on the flop improving to a house by the river arent all that bad actually! (about 8 times in 50 I think)... though making his trips too is a bit wild :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think dealing after bum burning is terrible, I think the card put out should just stay out. House rules are house rules though.

This hand is crazy...

unfortunately I wasn't there but my 3 buds were playing and so were more but they were only ones in this pot

Board: Js Jh Qs 10s Qd

player 1: Jc Jd (flopped poker!!)

player 2: Qh Qc (flopped full house, pokered on river)

player 3: Ks As (royal flush on turn)

madness, imagine that in the fitz, I'd say the comotion would be estatic. Imagine the bad beat??????!!! hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

If the burn card is wrong what do you suggest? The only way to play this is to roll it back. At this stage you can't just redeal. If you continue to play as if nothing happened the person who loses the hand could kick up merry hell. This actually happened to me in the Fitz. The dealer burnt 2 cards before the flop, after the flop I noticed the 2 burn cards and pointed it out. Luke was called for a ruling and things were rolled back. At the end of the day if you roll it back and make things as it should be no-one has legitimate complaint. However, if the play continues as normal the loser can say "hey that is not how it should have been played.

IMO They did the right thing. You might think it is not inportant in low stakes home games but I think that even when you are playing at home you should try to keeps things as close to how they are in the Card Clubs.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

While we're on the subject, how many of you have ever folded a royal flush, knowing its a 1-card-needed inside straight off the flop?

And how many of you have called all in on it, and not hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If it's an all in situation, maybe... but not if there is betting still in progress. The game of Texas Hold'em is not to see more than 7 cards. The same randomisation is still there no matter how many cards are burnt. I disagree with putting it in a discard pile. Totally wrecks the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Before any card is dealt the fate of the hand (cardwise) should be determined.

Advertisement