Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Citizenship referendum be delayed?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ishmael whale

Originally posted by bobbyjoe
    Links? facts? figures?
    No they didn't

Sorry, I know we're trying to kill this thread off, but they did, and I’ve posted this and other stories up in earlier threads. They just didn’t say there should be a referendum. As I’ve pointed out already (this is a side issue), additional resources does not address the absence of medical history of cases presenting.

archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2003/09/15/story488289275.asp

Monday, September 15, 2003 :

Non-national baby boom ‘pushes system to the brink’

By Neans McSweeney
    …………….
    Births to non-nationals have more than doubled in the last three years and as many as 15% of non-national expectant mums turn up either in labour or just 10 days before giving birth, new figures show.

Master of Maternity at the Rotunda Hospital’s Dr Michael Geary said some women are travelling from abroad very late in their pregnancy. He said women from outside of Ireland are landing at our ports and airports and heading straight for hospital. “It’s all just a tragedy waiting to happen,” he said.

Advertisement