Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I s there a real need for the Weather Forum??

Options
  • 15-05-2004 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

i mean...dont get me wrong,...im sure it was placed there by request but its fairly pointless..

why do you need one when you can get 24/7 weather reports etc on T.V...radio...The net etc

the amount of posts in the last week/month are fairly poor...maybe to be replaced with something that the majority of the baords users will get some use out of?

(didnt mean to sound crude...if thats what you thought)....Ted :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Yes... <are you crazy?>

the same could be said about any forum...

Me for one find it interestin to see what is happening around the island weather wise. <especially reading members views on the weather>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

nah leave it, its great during a thunderstorm or blizzard ect

Originally posted by mukki
    nah leave it, its great during a thunderstorm or blizzard ect

yep the snow was good :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

weather is one of those forums Ive never visited and probably never will, but judging by the post count, it seems popular enough, especially for a forum that discusses something that will never be as volatile as in politics
    "its raining in Dublin North"
    "No, it isnt, its sunny"
    "Its raining."
    "No"

you get the point. Anyway, there are many many forums in this place I would have disposed of if it was up to me, but thats because I have my own interests and so on that differ from everyone elses. I wont touch most of the language forums ever, but they are good to have for those interested in them, just as an example

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

im sorry lads...but it seems a bit sad that you get excited over the weather

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If you tell us what you get excited by I can find plenty of boards users who'll call you sad and other things because of it :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Teddi
    i mean...dont get me wrong,...im sure it was placed there by request but its fairly pointless..

why do you need one when you can get 24/7 weather reports etc on T.V...radio...The net etc

the amount of posts in the last week/month are fairly poor...maybe to be replaced with something that the majority of the baords users will get some use out of?

(didnt mean to sound crude...if thats what you thought)....Ted :)
    You could say the same thing about this board. You find nothing but complaints on it... :D
    As ecksor said, you tell what you like, and we can find a board where all the users hate you intrest. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

im sorry lads...but it seems a bit sad that you get excited over the weather

Is its presence an offence to you m'lord?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

The Weather, the weather ?..

Good God man you are talking about the second most important subject in Ireland [After footie]. Even I have been known to post an odd report from Donegal on the Weather forum and it is one of the more likeable forums. :confused:

Leave well alone. Where would we be without it ?... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i would be good if you could customise which boards you want from each section when you sign up and then you could be notoifed of any new boards as they appear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

well maybe the choice of ignoring a forum, so it disappears from the top 20 posts and drop down menu... wouldnt do a hell of a lot really, but it would mean any forums you dont like, you could ignore and so have less 'clutter' on the menus etc....

saying that, I imagine it would be either an admin nightmare to pull off, or impossible to do....

Im happy the way things are tho, and forum I dont like or dont have interest in, I wont visit.... simple really

Flogen

thats what the 'subscribe' function is for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sure who needs a soccer forum, they show that on the telly

And a news forum, they have that on rte at 6 and 9 o clock

And the catholicism forum, sure we dont need that, we have churches dont we

In fact, lets just delete everything but the admin forums, they're the only ones that dont reflect the real world

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

NGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!

*boggle*... no really... *BOGGLE*.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

change it to meteorology and stick it in science category ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by DeVore
    Is its presence an offence to you m'lord?

DeV.

So well be getting the tribes board back then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by syke
    change it to meteorology and stick it in science category ;)

Good idea, It might add a bit of life to the place.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

It might do indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Get Rid of Science!!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dustaz
    So well be getting the tribes board back then?

When Tribes3 arrives and if its big enough then I wouldnt object... if its a passing fad (like Tribes 2 *spit*) then no. Personally I hope so.

DeV.

Advertisement