Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I need to make a Cheesecake today , How?

• 15-05-2004 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Help

Have to have a cheesecake made by me in 7 hours from now , how the hell do you make a cheesecake?
    Links ? Anyone wanna drop round and make it for me?

Cant buy one, bet is too much :)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wow thats a lot of cheesecakes.
    Thanks that will nicely ,New York Cheesecake coming up :)

Will take pic of the bastardised cake later :)

Not looking good for crumbs in Dunnes stores , Digestives broke up work ?
    Cheery pie filling a no no too , Jam?
    Vanilla will the stuff you burn in candles work?
    kdjac

Making sure you break them up good and fine, yeah, that'll work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

You are going to fail:(

Cheery pie filling a no no too , Jam?

kdjac

• Advertisement

Not to sure about the jam, but I'd definatly say ask in Dunnes about the vanilla. Somehow I don't think the candle stuff is the same...

EDIT: Looking at it again, yeah, the jam should be fine.

Where do you live?
    Are you a poor student with no job by any chance :D

Can you make cheesecakes heehhe#

kdjac

YEs, I am a poor student. Living in Kerry, and pretty much no bakery experience what-so-ever. I'm just going by what I've picked up working in two resturants, knowing a few chefs, watching my gf and Open House... :D:D:D

Anyone else live in Duvblin ? Bored? want to set fire to a kitchen (i have extingusihers ) ?

Thanks going to get stuff for it now.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Easiest one to make is http://www.pastrywiz.com/archive/baileysc.htm and tastes damn good too.

Break down of ingredients

CRUST
    1 1/2 pk Graham crackers; crushed (crushed up Digestive Biscuits)
    1/3 c Sugar
    6 tb Butter; melted

FILLING
    24 oz Cream cheese; softened (philadelphia cream cheese)
    1 1/2 c Sugar
    3 T Cocoa (not really needed)
    1 pt Whipping cream
    5 Jumbo eggs separated (you only need the yokes, separation does not have to be perfect)
    2 Env. knox gelatin (ask for this in your local supermarket and read instructions on back of pack)
    1/2 c Bailey's irish cream (get one of those mini bailey thingy majiggys)

Follow the recipe, hey presto a nice cheescake

A.

• Advertisement

Got everything for new york cheesecake cept vanilla.

Now to fook it up in style :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Really want some cheesecake.....

We need pics Kdja!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Originally posted by KdjaC

Nooooooo!! You'll poison her. What you need is vanilla essence, it's only about a euro to buy in supermarkets.

Alternatively, use lemon juice. Mmmmmm! But that's just personal preference, depends whether you'd prefer it to taste of vanilla or lemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

want to set fire to a kitchen (i have extingusihers ) ?

you're making a cheesecake...the oven should be involved in this process!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Auburn
    Nooooooo!! You'll poison her.

Carrying on from this point why do you have to make this thing, Auburn thinks its for a girl, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Easiest cheesecake in the world is as follows:

crush digestives. Melt butter in a saucepan and add biscuits. You don't want the mix too buttery as it will congeal when it sets. Likewise you don't want it too dry as the biscuits will not hold together. Press into a loose-bottomed tin, if you have one, otherwise double line a dish with clingfilm (so that you can lift it out later). Pop into the fridge.

For the rest: Decide on a flavour, ie strawberry and buy yogurt (2-3 small pots, or half a big pot) in that flavour as well as a packet of jelly.

In a bowl whip a big carton of cream. Once whipped, add phileadelphia (or any cream cheese) and yougurt. Break up the jelly and melt it in a microwave or over water, but don't add any water to it. you just want the jelly on it's own. Add to the cream and other ingredients and mix well. Pour over the base and place in the fridge to set.

This method takes 10 minutes to make, and whipping the cream before hand makes it very light. I love playing with the flavours. Peach and passionfruit yougurt mixed with pink jelly is lovely as is lemon cheesecake into which you can add a little lemon zest for extra flavour.

Right tis baking at the moment ,****ed up twice already, so now it has 50 minutes left in oven.

Couldn get Vanilla so didnt use any, its in the tin (not a spring form one as mentioned)
    How the hell do i get it out ?

kdjac

Ive got this image of dudara in the kitchen making cheese cake and slugging red wine while saying "sometimes I like to add a little wine to the cake.... just for that extra kick!"

Originally posted by tba
    Carrying on from this point why do you have to make this thing, Auburn thinks its for a girl, is it?

Tis indeed and cold hard cash :D

kdjac

Originally posted by dudara
    Easiest cheesecake in the world is as follows:

crush digestives. Melt butter in a saucepan and add biscuits. You don't want the mix too buttery as it will congeal when it sets. Likewise you don't want it too dry as the biscuits will not hold together. Press into a loose-bottomed tin, if you have one, otherwise double line a dish with clingfilm (so that you can lift it out later). Pop into the fridge.

For the rest: Decide on a flavour, ie strawberry and buy yogurt (2-3 small pots, or half a big pot) in that flavour as well as a packet of jelly.

In a bowl whip a big carton of cream. Once whipped, add phileadelphia (or any cream cheese) and yougurt. Break up the jelly and melt it in a microwave or over water, but don't add any water to it. you just want the jelly on it's own. Add to the cream and other ingredients and mix well. Pour over the base and place in the fridge to set.

This method takes 10 minutes to make, and whipping the cream before hand makes it very light. I love playing with the flavours. Peach and passionfruit yougurt mixed with pink jelly is lovely as is lemon cheesecake into which you can add a little lemon zest for extra flavour.

This is next weeks project :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Right tis baking at the moment ,****ed up twice already, so now it has 50 minutes left in oven.

Couldn get Vanilla so didnt use any, its in the tin (not a spring form one as mentioned)
    How the hell do i get it out ?

kdjac

:eek: Thnat's gonna be tough to get out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

tba, where did the red wine image come from?

This cheesecake is also quite nice, but I think it's best made a day in advance and let sit. It seemed to be better on the second day

Easy Lemon Cheesecake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not looking good for crumbs in Dunnes stores , Digestives broke up work ?
    That's exactly what you should use.

I'd cheat & get a packet of Philadelphia. There's usually a recipe for cheesecake on the inside of the packet as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by dudara
    I love playing with the flavours. Peach and passionfruit yougurt mixed with pink jelly is lovely as is lemon cheesecake into which you can add a little lemon zest for extra flavour.

thats where my image came from, after reading this the idea of you really enjoying making this cake sprang to mind, the red wine was a degree of flipancy on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Don't use philadelpia - use a tub of mascarpone. you'll get more for it when ya try ot flog it.

That'smy advice.

Advertisement