Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird 2500+ Issue

Options
  • 15-05-2004 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

To go along with the 3200+ one, they may be linked...

Andyway, i bought a 2500+ Barton (OEM) from komplett. When i put it into my NF7 v2 and looked in the bios it says :

"CPU Operating Speed : 2500+"

when i drop down the menu it has "User Define" and "3200+" too. is this normal?

doest have the 3200+ option on my 2800+ chip!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I'm pretty sure it's an overclocking option :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Yeah, i was thinking that, but i thought they were locking the barton's these days, not having an overclock option! Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The multiplier is locked not the FSB. The multiplier on the Xp2500+ is the same as the Xp3200+ (11) so difference is the Xp2500+ has 166mhz FSB (333) while the Xp3200+ has 200mhz (400mhz).

Multiplier X FSB = Operating speed.

The Xp2500+'s have to be overclocked using FSB, thats why that option will work nicely (prob with a little more voltage and decent cooling).

Advertisement