Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource - company name or reg.business name required?

• 15-05-2004 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided I want to go with netsource for DSL but is a business name sufficient for them to accept me as a business customer or do I need to register as a company? I've already got a business name registered with the CRO.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by eth0_
    I've decided I want to go with netsource for DSL but is a business name sufficient for them to accept me as a business customer or do I need to register as a company? I've already got a business name registered with the CRO.

That is more then enough. I believe they only look for a VAT number and you can just make it up.

However I'm with Netsource and if I had the chance to start over again, then I wouldn't go with them.

Why do you want to go with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bk
    That is more then enough. I believe they only look for a VAT number and you can just make it up.

However I'm with Netsource and if I had the chance to start over again, then I wouldn't go with them.

Why do you want to go with them?

I want to go with netsource because they seem like good value plus the 2 month rolling contract attracts me as I will be moving house in July or August and might be switching to wireless then, or upgrading to NS's uncapped service.

Why don't you like them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

when i was with them it was just a case of making up a company name-they never checked or nything-i think it was just for the post.

netsource and uncapped dont work together so well-they promise uncapped but strictly enforce their user limiting policy-if they think u r using it too much then u are capped to a quarter of ur speed or something like that-there was a lot of unhappiness bout it a while back if u search. that was on the soho product and the next 1 up i think.

on the plus side there speeds were stably high when unlimited when i was with them.

Originally posted by gsand

netsource and uncapped dont work together so well-they promise uncapped but strictly enforce their user limiting policy-if they think u r using it too much then u are capped to a quarter of ur speed or something like that-there was a lot of unhappiness bout it a while back if u search. that was on the soho product and the next 1 up i think.

Personally I wouldn't dload more than 20gb a month if even that, but i'll be moving in with friends in the summer and obviously a 20gb cap isn't going to be enough between 4 people. Then again we might get the esat business dsl, depends on how I find netsource myself.

just remember the 2 month rolling so if u cancel and want to change uve still got to pay for 2 additional months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Also please keep in mind that you will have to pay between €90-€150 disconnection fee when you move houses on top of any other charges that might be incurred if you don't give them two months notice.

The €90-€150 charge applies even if you give them the correct notice. So it will cost you to move houses. You will also have a reconnection and possibly a setup fee after you have moved houses.

The cap is 4Gb a week by the way. So the max is 16Gb a month in total (it is NOT uncapped and don't be under that illusion with any ISP).

You can see more in section 2 of this below.

http://www.netsource.ie/aup.asp

Why not check out wireless now and if you happen to get the ripwave product you "should" be able to just bring it with you to the new location.

You would need to talk to Irish broadband (if they are the ones you are thinking of going with) to check this out beforehand.

Hope thats some help.

i didnt have to pay a disconnection fee-just the two months notice-i think the disconnection fee applies if u just wana stop straight away and kick up a fuss about waiting two months.

reconnection should just be another self install charge if thats wat u wana do

Originally posted by machalla

The cap is 4Gb a week by the way. So the max is 16Gb a month in total (it is NOT uncapped and don't be under that illusion with any ISP).

Why not check out wireless now and if you happen to get the ripwave product you "should" be able to just bring it with you to the new location..

I know it's not uncapped. the Origin Plus product, I mean. I think i'd go for Esat business when I move as it's really uncapped (they have no cap and they don't cripple your connection if you're downloading a lot).

And *sigh*. We don't ALL live in Dublin where you can get ripwave and IBB. I live in Drogheda and I would have gone with Digiweb but i'd have severe reservations having seen how amateurish they are. And i'm certainly not going to wait nearly three months to get broadband, I had it before I moved home and to go back to dialup is bloody awful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well they (NS) are trying to charge me a disconnection fee despite the fact I told them 6 months ago and then 3 months ago and then officially 2 months ago that I would be disconnecting due to moving houses.

Theres been no leeway on it despite the fact I have never even called them with a problem (vice versa) so I will have to have words with them on this if they are picking and choosing who they charge for disconnection. Eircom apparently charge them for disconnection so they claim they are simply passing this cost on to me. The only thing I can think of is that I will only be with them 11 months at this point.

Sorry I just didn't know what part of the country you're in and I'm not too aware of where else there is wireless broadband at the moment apart from Dublin and Navan/Drogheda. Just suggesting ripwave in case you could get it. I'd say check what NS and Esat policy is on moving house and the costs involved before you jump in.
    I've heard good things about the Esat business line if you can get it.

not to go too far off topic but just out of interest how much is the completely uncapped esat business 512k line or even 1 meg?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gsand
    not to go too far off topic but just out of interest how much is the completely uncapped esat business 512k line or even 1 meg?

The 512k is 90 euro ex vat so around 110 euro a month, 1mb is closer to 180 a month ex vat iirc. You can see all the prices on irelandoffline.org they have a handy table that compares the different ISPs

Advertisement