Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding Cables

Options
  • 15-05-2004 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Just moved into a new house (im renting). Want to set up my home cinema speakers but having some problems with the cables for my 2 rear speakers.

The house was just done up by the landlord before i moved in and has a new carpet and has been painted. In the previous 2 locations i have lived in i have been able to hide my speaker wires for the rears underneath the skirting board. Unfortunatly, in this case the carpet goes right up to the skirting board and has no real give in it for me to get the flat speaker wire under. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It will have to run past a doorway also so im not sure if there is any plastic moulding type stuff that will work? I cant drill any holes or take up the carpet so im hoping for some inspiration.

Thanks Lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you cant mess with structure you kinda buggered could get thinner cable ,maplin have super thin cable (top quality, proper stuff) and use that then it will fit in maybe.

You can get metal or plastic floor thingys in B and Q ,i used a wood one to cover my speaker wire ,but i removed skirtings and put it behind them for longterm use.

kdjac

Advertisement