Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Overclock: Athlon K7 800

Options
  • 15-05-2004 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

I've just been cleaning out my old system, hoovering the dust out of the heatsink etc (thought we heard something pop at the back of it the other night, so thought I'd service it), and was wondering about a bit of retro overclocking. It's an AMD K7 800MHz on an Asus K7V Mobo. 256Mb PC133 RAM. I'd like another 256 in it, have one slot free, but that's another thing.

Anyway, have any of you h4rP(0r3 overclockers o/ced one of these in your past? :) How did you get on?

Think I'd have to get some fans put in? Thought I'd stick a spare 80mm sharkoon in, as it did feel hot at the back (only have the PSU fan), but the bloody fan casing seems to be for a 95mm fan?

Might give it a try later, but I know I'll be killed if it goes up in smoke! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

u'll probs be able to get 880mhz out of it.

Those motherboards only went as far as 110mhz bus speed wise if I remember correctly.

Advertisement