Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sata drives in pc world

• 15-05-2004 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

while browsing today, i found drive in pc worldthis

so i ask the price, it was a jaw dropping €89!!!! that like €15 cheaper then komplett!

so going back tomorrow with credit card!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Might be a mistake, usually their hard drive prices are way over the top.
    Let us know if you get one at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

aye will do,

but it did scan at that price.

there is a whole thread on pc world hdds in this forum, there are some bargins to be had

well i got one! a grand total of €89.30, i dont know about the 30c either but its all good! other sizes in too a 160gb and an 80gb

have it installed no problem, all seems good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Jes-Computer have it for €93.74 - although the shipping is a minimum of €17 (and you've got to settle for GLS, which hasn't got a great reputation for deliveries, except from it's knock depot), but if you're buying a few things together, JES usually works out alot alot cheaper.

Jes-Computer are good but 89< 93 and having today better then ordering! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by flameboy
    Jes-Computer are good but 89< 93 and having today better then ordering! :D

Yeah, definetly. But like I said - use JES if you're getting alot of stuff - you're hardly going to buy components for a full comp from PCWorld. Plus alot of us don't live near a PCWorld. The only Dixons Group store we have in Galway is Currys. And if you thought PCWorld was bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Did they have standard PATA drives or were they all SATA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

Nice tip ! Dopped into PC World and picked up an 80G drive for 64 Eur, pretty good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

PCworld have had 120gig HD drives for sale at 100 euros for sometime now. It was mentioned in Bargain Alerts a few months back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

is the offer still on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Dunno about the SATA drives as I didn't ask, and I don't need one anyway but theres 120gb drives for 100 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Is this store specific....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They will match prices of their other stores if you tell them, so it shouldn't matter which one you buy it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

great, looks like i will be able to keep those episodes of the late late show after all !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

did any of u get them in blanch

Advertisement