Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another site check

Options
  • 15-05-2004 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

http://www.19thgreen-bb.com .

Anyone got any advice or comments on this one.

Would appreciate feedback on how it looks in other browsers as i have not had the chance to test yet, with the rush in getting it up for the season.

Tnx

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

looks good - nice consistent layout
    the news link in the bottom right opens up in a pop-up (aaagggghhh). Also there is no scrollbar in Mozilla (needed as last 3 lines are hidden)
    The latest news link (link @ top of pages) opens up a 'frame' with a link to the pop-up. Why not just display the article in the 'frame' where the link is?
    The booking form looks for nationality - relevance?
    Is the guestbook needed? I know where you are going with it (testemonials) but I associate them with either personal or tacky sites (just my €0.02).
    Your DOCTYPE tag should go before all others within your HTML & the meta tags go in the HEAD section. Use the valudator on http://validator.w3.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

The links at the bottom - tell a friend, favs, etc look to compressed, I'd change them to gifs rather than jpgs ;) .

BM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'd also look at sorting out the bottom part. The drop shadow effect stops short of the bottom section. It also is inconsistent, where it doesn't need to be, with the front page.

Apart from that, lookin good

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Why is it just a small box in the top middle of my 1280 x 1024 screen?

The animation on the front is very jumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

There is a bug. If someone clicks on the tell a friend link they must enter data in the form to get out of the page, even if they clicked on the link by mistake.!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@mada99 - works ok for me (MSIE 6)

the guestbook - how does one sign it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Couple of accessibility / standards related things:

Your menu links bar accross the top of the page could be recoded as a UL / LI list and styled to produce the same appearance (after all, it is a list of links)

You should probably only have the icons on the bottom bar as images, with the text as text - will help sc reen readers, and improve loading times slightly.

Why are you using tables for this - with a little bit of work you could convert this to a table-less layout.

Just one more point - the way you've restricted the height of the whole site, especially the main text area, makes the site look quite squashed on 1024X768, and I can only imagine that it looks worse in higher resolutions. It also forces people with bigger screens to scroll the text unnecessarily.

And finally, on http://www.19thgreen-bb.com/about.php
    "the president of Ireland " Mary McAleese" where" should read "the President of Ireland, Mary McAleese, where".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

19th Green Guesthouse
    Lackabane - Fossa
    Killarney, Co.Kerry
    Ireland
    Tel- 064 32868
    Fax- 064 32637
    Int'l : 00 353 + Number
    john@19thgreen-bb.com

Int'l : 00 353 + Number this will not get you through you have to put a 1 in front of the 64 other wise looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by the Guru
    Tel- 064 32868
    Fax- 064 32637
    Int'l : 00 353 + Number
    Int'l : 00 353 + Number this will not get you through you have to put a 1 in front of the 64 other wise looks good

If you put a 1 where you say, you'll be connected to a Dublin number, 643 2637.. which is wrong. You need to drop the 0 of the STD code, and not add any digit.

The original notation is also correct, as a lot of countries don't use 00 as their international access code (including the U.S.). One way a lot of people seem to be doing (particularly in mobile numbers) is +353 64 32868

.cg

Advertisement