Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players that you expected would do better

• 16-05-2004 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

David Dunn springs to mind, granted he has been injured but when he was fit for B'gham I can't recall him scoring a goal from open play.
    He had a great season a few years ago with B'burn but hasn't shown the same form since.
    T Sinclair and McMannaman are 2 others.
    I expected Veron to do better and just when he was finding his form he got a back injury, instead of when is Veron back? it should have been Where's Veron's back?
    :D
    Thomas Gravensen hasn't had the same influence as he had last season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Kleberson
    Jardel
    Kewell
    Bowyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Brett Emerton is another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Emerton seemed to do good work judging from the fantasy football points ;)

Fowler had another awful season. Hes a player i like and id love to see him regain some of his form. Guess the clubs of manchester are just too tempting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I have been disappointed with Kewell and Finnan. Kleberson was another disappointment, I expected more from a world cup winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stephen Reid has been terrible when you consider he was recommended to Souness by Duffer. Barry Ferguson definitely doesn't look like a player worth £6.5mil. Postiga to Spurs hasn't done a lot either. Geremi and Crespo have been half the players they were at previous clubs. I wasn't expecting much from Veron TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

To be fair to B Ferguson he did get a serious knee injury. I agree about Geremi and the best is yet to come from Crespo, his off the ball movement is excellent best 2 goals from him were against Arse and Villa.
    My memory of Kewell was revealing on Aussie TV who he was joining and then it was delayed.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Blackburn Rovers ,can i put them in as collective players?
    As player for player there best 11 is a damn fine one.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Postiga definitely.By a long way the best player not playing in the premiership.Would be starting the champions league final in a few weeks if he hadn't come to england.After hoddle left Pleat just decided he was wasted money and left him rot.Total waste.

Le Tallec,Steven Reid,Viana,Bowyer and to an extent Mutu spring to mind for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

djemba djemba and kleberson have not proven themselves in the matches that they have played. when they went to united i had expected more of them especially kleberson after hearing that he was picked before and gilberto and a few other Stars.(dont know how through that is .)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Blackburn Rovers ,can i put them in as collective players?
    As player for player there best 11 is a damn fine one.

kdjac

yeah I support rovers

It was a weird ass season! Not frustrating or disspaointing as much as staring blankly at the games from the stand, on tv or the results sheets in sheer dumbfoundedness!!!

They need Short to have a good season and a NEW and GOOD centre half in beside him - NOT that Amorouso idiot! Shame Babbel won't stay on!

New guy Andreson has very quietly been playing deadly stuff without any hoopla made of it - prob just cos once they were clear of relegation - they were a non- event!

Tugay's style of play, I think, will give him another 2 years in the prem and with Thompson/Ferguson/Flicroft/Andreson as possible mid fielders to allow him to rest is all good news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

The entire leeds team bar smith. Milner also comes to mind as not having a bad season.

Did you see gronkjaer (i thnk it was) get past harte for chelsea's goal? Pretty much sums up the effort everyone played with all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by Q_Ball
    The entire leeds team bar smith. Milner also comes to mind as not having a bad season.

Did you see gronkjaer (i thnk it was) get past harte for chelsea's goal? Pretty much sums up the effort everyone played with all season

Wait... did you read the thread starter right...?

or are you sayng you expected IAN HARTE to do better this season??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

hehe i see your point :)

I just expected more from everyone. That applies to harte too, i expected better from him, work like a donkey instead of an ass. Thought they might have learned their lesson after last season, especially as we were starting with the same manager we had left off!! Turns out they learned a lesson alright.

What it is defies us all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Hernan Crespo
    Marcus Allback
    Darius Vassel
    Postiga
    Kenny Miller
    Stephen Reid
    Geremi
    Jens Lehman
    Mark Viduka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

VanNistelrooy, Keane, Scholes, O'Shea.
    Veron, Cole, Crespo, Mutu, Gerimi.
    Ljungberg.
    Dyer, Jenas, Robert.
    Sheringham.
    Yorke, Emerton, Freidel, Ferguson.
    Beattie.
    Okocha.
    Viduka, Roque Junior.
    Vassell.
    Dunn.
    Fowler.
    Rooney, Jeffers.
    Finnan, Baros, Cheyrou, Henchoz, Kirkland.
    Keane, Kanoute, Brown, Postiga.
    Maccaronni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

tony cascarino for celtic many years back

Regi "stinker" blinker

Eyal Berkovic (John Hartson booting him in the face was the best thing ive seen, hated seeing this guy picking up 20k a week for sitting on the bench with a smirk on his face at celtic)

Harald Braatpack (sp?) - scored soooo many goals with his old club, bit like cascarino really, but came over and was awful for celtic..

Chris Sutton for chelsea, thought he would do better really, been great at celtic mind you..

veron for man utd

Barry Ferguson for blackburn (so be it he has a knee injury, its been there for years and he reguarly got injections for it so he could play for rangers.. poor guy)

Duncan ferguson for rangers (was over the moon at this one..)

pretty much every signing made my Rangers over that summer period there by McLeish(over the moon at this to :p)

probably more but its early monday morning, i need to wake up more :p

Partick Thistle fan are you?

Originally posted by johnor
    Keane, Scholes,
    Cole,
    Dyer, Jenas,
    Sheringham. - wasn't expecting much from a 38 year old.
    Freidel,
    Okocha. - Where would Bolton be without him?
    Baros, Cheyrou, Kirkland.
    Keane, Kanoute, Brown, - You're having a laugh?
    I don't agree with an of them TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Jenas, Dyer, Bowyer, Ljundberg, Owen, Kewell, Le Tallec, Hyypia, Henchoz, Cheyrou, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, Scholes, O'Shea, McManaman, Fowler, Crespo, Mutu....

Obviously there's one or 2 there that have had their season interrupted with injuries. Every Liverpool player has been disappointing this season bar Stevie G but I didn't bother listing half of them because I wouldn't expect them to be able to butter a slice of toast tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Okocha, worst goals per shot ratio!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    Okocha, worst goals per shot ratio!
    To be fair, he was very unlucky. He must have hit the woodwork at least once every match.:p

Ah we'll have to agree to disagree, would have expected better out of all of them...maybe due to their previous season preformance..Thought some would build on that preforance in the case of the younger lads and thought the older players would keep their consistency....sheringham satrted well but has been quite since december....I know he is old etc, but he has played something like 25+ games since his good run, only got 3/4 goals....I thought he'd do better, not 30 a season better but better...

Advertisement