Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare v Waterford

• 16-05-2004 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

Bugger me, I didn't think Waterford had that kind of game in them! They were excellent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Clare were an embarressment.

christ, they were pure muck BUT pld waterford. Stunning performance especially after the league final.

hopefully they'll get some momentum going and here's to a great game against tipp.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Who said that they could only win a crystal making competition?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

The Decies were fantasic. Well played and a great win.

Id hate to be the team that gets pulled against Clare in the round robbin, prolly Dublin..., as they will kick some serious ass down a laneway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thebman2

As a Waterfordian I have never been so proud as I was yesterday. I stood in the city terrace and for 70 minutes I had the time of my life. well done boys. We showed Clare how to hurl. I think Anthony Daly said it best.... "Its like someone has died.... Its hard to talk about".

Oh that feels good!

thebman
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Waterford are too inconsistant Tipp will beat them . ( oh god I hope so )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Despite their performance of yesterday I am still inclined to agree with big ears. I do not think they will play that well again. Maybe tyhey will prove me wrong though, I would like to see them do well but I think Tipp will be too strong for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

well we shall see which waterford turns up against tipp..the waterford we saw yesterday or the waterford we saw a week ago. they're equally capable of either.

but well done on a great performance yesterday. come on the déise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

jaysus ~Rev.... I thought you would be rubbing it in a little more. If Dublin ever won a game by that margin against a team "tipped" to beat us i would never shut up about it.

Anywho, great game. hopefully the c'ship will start to heat up a bit now

Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Well when we played Tipp in the league, for 60 mins we didnt play, and then it was Pul Flynn who pulled us back(how many times has he don that?) level and put us into the final (lets not talk about that!)!

But as always Waterford and Tipp games are good, so if they play like they did on Sunday it will be hard for anyone to beat us, but as everyone knows inconsistency is the biggest weakness in the team, ohh and the full back line!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Just on a side note, was anybody else disgusted when Paul Flynn stayed don to get a Clare player(I can't remember exactly who) booked!

Michael Duignan noted in his commentary that it was the Waterford team on the sideline that discouraged him to stay down.

Also if Tipp are hoping that Waterford have an off day then god help them. If that is whta they need then their Munster and All-Ireland chances are gone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    Just on a side note, was anybody else disgusted when Paul Flynn stayed don to get a Clare player(I can't remember exactly who) booked!

Michael Duignan noted in his commentary that it was the Waterford team on the sideline that discouraged him to stay down.

Also if Tipp are hoping that Waterford have an off day then god help them. If that is whta they need then their Munster and All-Ireland chances are gone!

Never noticed in from the terrace anyway!! What exactly happend? Didnt hear anything about it at all!:confused:

Advertisement