Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am Kloot - cork gig - June 2nd

• 16-05-2004 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Bandicoot Promotions Presents

IN CONJUNCTION WITH HALF MOON THEATRE

Date: _Wed 2nd June 2004
    Venue: _Half Moon Theatre, Half Moon St, Cork, Ireland

Headline act: _I AM KLOOT

Support: The Olympic Lifts
    Price: 15.50 euro (telephone booking subject to a charge of 2 euro per ticket)
    Doors: 9pm
    Ph 021 4270022
    Tickets on sale from Opera House and Half Moon box office

_______Over 18's

FREE BANDICOOT LUCKY BAGS TO BE GIVEN OUT ON THE NIGHT TO EARLY ARRIVALS. _LUCKY BAG GIVEAWAYS WILL CONTAIN A FREE CD OR T.SHIRT AND OTHER BITS AND BOBS.

I Am Kloot formed in Manchester nearly four years ago. After a handful of live shows, which were attracting the attention of locals and critics alike, they were quickly snapped up by Manchester’s Ugly Man label who released their debut 7" single. Soon after the band signed to Wall Of Sound’s new offshoot -We Love You Records. _

A string of brilliant singles followed and in March 2001 they released their debut album entitled "Natural History". Critically recognised as one of the finest debut albums of the year, it more than confirmed their early promise as one of the best new bands around. Constant touring with a live show that is both unsettling and engaging, saw the group attract widespread acclaim in the U.K and across Europe. __Now signed to Echo Records, I Am Kloot have returned with a collection of new songs from their eponymously titled second album that combine twisted tales of love found (and always lost) with dark, yet perfect, pop melodies.

THE OLYMPIC LIFTS

Formed in the summer of 2000, the initial Olympic Lifts line up consisted of simply a DJ (Payback) and two MCs (Boma and Pylon). The group decided immediately to move into the area of beats based music, music they admired but had little experience in creating- this forced them to make it up as they went along, an approach they were happy with as it inevitably led to a style all of their own. _Guitarist (Bigshow) and bassist (Example) joined completing the line up and developing the olympic lifts style even further as well as adding additional muscle to a live show fast gaining a healthy reputation. __Olympic Lifts secured their deal with Bungalow Records in _2001. __During the debut album's progress, the band took time out to play increasingly explosive live shows to the delight of unprepared audiences across the UK and Europe. _They played with an astonishing list of acts that include Kool Herc (inventor of HipHop), Ugly Duckling , Lo-fidelity Allstars, Bently Rhythm Ace , Supergrass, So Solid Crew , Andrew Weatherall, David Holmes, Royksopp, Ladytron and Attica Blues. _Tracks from the debut album were also used by people like Malcolm in the Middle, Sesame Street, Puma and Rizla with the band _being remixed by Glaswegian Uber indie label Chemical Underground's Cha Cha Cohen as well as Ugly Duckling, Only Child (Grand Central) and Jupiter Ace. _Their new album will be out in sept 2004 and will be accompanied by UK, European, American and Japenese tours.

UPCOMING GIGS/EVENTS:

THE IZZYS
    100% DYNAMITE NIGHT FEATURING THE SOUL JAZZ DJS + MC OXMAN
    FLESHIES
    THE HANDSOME FAMILY
    NOMEANSNO
    SENOR COCONUT AND HIS ORCHESTRA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

I Am Kloot will now be playing the more intimate Green Room @ The Half Moon Theatre on Wed 2nd June due to Jet being moved back to the same date and who will be going into the bigger room of Half Moon.

Doors for I Am Kloot have been changed to 10pm also.

Everything else remains the same. Anybody who has bought advance tickets to date will also be informed of the changes by venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

wonder will it be possible to wander between the 2 gigs?

not that i'm aware, the jet gig is 22.50 so if that was the case everyone would pay in to kloot and then the jet promoters would be well down on tunrover so i doubt it'll be an option

Yeah makes sense. I wonder was the date change a Jet request or did the halfmoon screw up, I'm sure I am Kloot won't be too happy about it.

as far as I can gather, jet needed to move the date for one reaon or another.

I imagine Kloot won't give a damn what room they're in once they get paid!

• Advertisement

Regards the Lucky bag giveaways for I Am Kloot gig on Wed 2nd June in Green Room @ Half Moon, here is a list of most of the cds that will be given away on the night. _Its a first come, first serve basis. _The early birds will get the lucky bags. _Doors 10pm.

Kicking Against compilations (13 albums)
    Pernice Brothers (2 albums)
    Stars of Heaven (album)
    Stafraonn Hakon (album)
    Handsome Family (3 albums)
    Mark Geary (album)
    Goodtime John (album)
    Messiah J and the Expert (album)
    Paul O Reilly (2 albums)
    Adem (album)
    Zoot Woman (single)
    Clearlake (ep)
    Sluts of Trust (ep)
    Papa M (album)
    Preston School of Industry (album)
    The Belles (2 albums)
    The Belles (ep)
    Max Ritcher (album)
    Butterflies of Love (single)
    Josh Ritter (album)
    Explosions in the sky (2 albums)
    Steve Malkmus (album)
    Mary Gauthier (album)
    Simple Kid (album)
    Female Hercules (ep)
    John Haggis (album)
    Mighty Quark (album)
    Bobby Conn & the Glass Gypsies (2 albums)
    Plaid (4 albums)
    Simple Kid (3 singles)
    Biffy Clyro (album)
    Jackieomuther****er (double album)
    Future Pilot AKA (2 albums)
    Automato (album)
    MUM (album)
    Bonnie Prince Billy (album)
    Mice Parade (album)
    Fionn Regan (7 eps)
    Four Tet (ep)
    Monkey Island (single)
    Torgas Valley Reds (single)
    Granfallon Bus (album)
    Oneida (album)
    Blueskins (single)
    Bikini Atoll (album)
    James Yorkston (ep)

very nice, worth the admission fee alone ..... just a big pity that 3 good bands happen to be all playing on the same night, HAL, I Am Kloot and Jet, then weeks go by without anyone

always a feast or a famine in this town!

kloot playing the cruiscin soon

Well I ended up going to the Hal that time last June, so I'll try to catch I am Kloot this time round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement