Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what games are good online which have no hardly no lag

Options
  • 16-05-2004 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering what games are class online and have hardly no lag.any good first person shooters:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

good games for us 56k modem owners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Moved from Broadband to games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Internet Backgammon
    Internet Hearts
    Internet Spades
    Internet Reversi
    Internet Checkers

:D

You could try Call of Duty - I managed to play that on 64k ISDN with only some lag issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Battlefield 1942/Battlefield Vietnam

I am able to play across 56k with little or no lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

CS can be ok at times on 56k, but steam is quite annoying on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

hey winter no lag while playing battlefield i cant beleive it.

hey winter i wish i could play it but i need to download this huge update for.it could take a day can i do anything:( :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

many to todays fps games are prolly playable on 56k if you stick to small servers with anything around 8 players or less and stick to uk servers. 32 player servers wud be a no no:). stuff like cs, dod, quake, quake 2 are still alright on modem esp with a good config for 56k

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

IL2 Sturmovik its sequel forgotten battles and the expansion pack (its a flight sim) run well for me on my 64k isdn but I could play on servers about 10 in number with a 56k modem. It was not bad on latency front.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by snoopdog
    hey winter i wish i could play it but i need to download this huge update for.it could take a day can i do anything:( :(

Use a download manager such as Getright and get a little bit every day? The Battlefield 1942 update is only about 270mb full and it will add many new weapons, maps nad stuff. Check out the Battlefield board for more info, if you ask there someone might send you out a CD with the updates. As what is regularly done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

TFC, nuff said :)
    Fully playable on modems with few lag problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Have to agree with Pugsley. with ping of 300+ I can still get a good game, although in the high 300s i have a tendancy to switch to engie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by snoopdog

if you pm me your address i will send you a cd with the patchs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

W2, WA, WWP.

I like worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got broadband at Christmas, but beforehand, played Warcraft III almost everyday on 56k modem with hardly any problems. Allied Assault and Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory would hardly ever be playable, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

You can play games like Neverwinter Nights no problem - lag isnt as hugely important as with FPSs. Also RTSs (real time strategy) and TBS (turn based strategy) like warcraft/ c&c are all reasonably playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Warcraft III is fine over modem if you're into RTS stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by ionapaul
    Allied Assault and Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory would hardly ever be playable, however.
    Dunno about Allied Assault (MoH licks the sweat off a monkeys sack, IMO), but wolfenstein is a beast of a game on bandwidth, even on ISDN its virtually unplayable, bloody excellent fun on 512k or above tho, really really good fun.

Advertisement