Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent alt nights in Dublin

Options
  • 16-05-2004 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Can anyone list a few for me? Just recently started going out to town again, so i want to familiarise myself with wheres decent to go...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Helter shelter on last sat of every month in The Shelter, Vicar Street.is always a good ole shindig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ulysses 31

What music is on what nights in Vicar St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Try the Ballroom of Romance, monthly live music club in the Lower Deck. Cheap in, free CD-r, cheap(ish) booze:

http://www.ballroomofromance.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wobbs

agree with al of the above...but also worth a look is the noise party .
    irregularly frequent nites in tbmc featuring 6+ bands playing in the main room over 2 stages, with a handful of dj's in the bar playing tunes till the wee hours and its always free admission.

the next one is on in a couple of weeks - thursday june 3rd.
    www.thenoiseparty.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Free every Thursday night in Temple Bar Music Centre front bar - Doors 11pm.

Good mixture of indie stuff, alt rock, sunshine pop, Irish acts (Berkeley, FKOS, Kittser etc) thrown in for good measure.

Some really good guests coming up over the next while in the main room.

The Noise Parties rock too... the next one is followed by shuffle anyway so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

upon a couple of 'shuffle " nights early on and I have to say I was not impressed.Maybe it has got better ?

Helter Shelter is the best of the bunch........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Originally posted by Holyghost
    in the Lower Deck. cheap(ish) booze:

It is? I must always get the wrong change so! How careless of me. Oh and the women down at the lower deck are shamelessly cheap too, eh Al? Pound-shop cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Next Helter Shelter is on 29th May. Should be a good night, I hear DJ Bren has got himself a few new 78's
    :)

It skipped a month last month due to some gig in shleter or something so should be a full house, so get there early boy's and girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ulysses 31

You know something? I think I will.

Advertisement