Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to access some websites

Options
  • 16-05-2004 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Anybody able to help me please?

I have at least 3 sites which won't open for me now (they were working last night). When I go to them, it loads for a few seconds and then I get the "Cannot access server" message as if the sites are down. I checked with someone else, and they can access the sites, so obviously it's a problem with my computer. I don't know all that much about computers, so does anyone have any idea why only 3 sites (that I've noticed so far) would be blocked? Would it be something in the settings that would cause this?

XP, IE6 if it matters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I dont know whether this may relate to you but some of the Eircom BB customers are having problems connectiong to certain sites. Especially with the 83.* IP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I am on eircom broadband but there isn't an 83 in my IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

maybe the problem has advanced into another ip scope? Try going through the proxy server 'webcache.eircom.net' port '82'. The proxy settings are in Tools, internet options, connections, LAN, use proxy server

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Thanks for the advice, but it's working now. Must have been some kind of temporary fault with eircom.

Advertisement