Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica: Hetfields writing vs band writing.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

It all ended for me with load, I just lost interest, there were a couple of good songs, but not enough to redeem the album, I heard various singles on the radio or whatever over the next few years, and they all sucked. I think Hetfield was a great writer back in the day, but he has lost it now too. I think most people are expressing a somewhat similar opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Anything after the black album has been akin to a steaming turd coming out of my stereo, and landing in my lap.

STANGER (as I like to call it) sounds like a drumkit being kicked around a pantry.

"Hello??? Production, where are you???" Trying to be nu-metal, no soloing, no harmonies, just noise and recycled lyrics-

St. Anger: "F*ck it all and no regrets, I hit the lights on these dark sets"

Damage Inc.: "So f*ck it all and f*cking no regrets, Never happy endings on these dark sets"

Lazy shower of &$^(*&"!%^£$!("&*$%)&$%!)&*"$)^

Master of puppets - Best metal album EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

metallica are brilliant , st anger granted is pretty bad in comparison to other albums but the show they put on in dublin last year was brilliant , and the one this year will be just as good and there doing whiskey and all sorts , cant say there gone bad just because of one album .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    metallica are brilliant , st anger granted is pretty bad in comparison to other albums but the show they put on in dublin last year was brilliant , and the one this year will be just as good and there doing whiskey and all sorts , cant say there gone bad just because of one album .

But they havent gone bad because of one bad album, theye gone bad because of every single album since AJFA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

their version of whiskey in the jar is a travesty. they've been backing themselves into a corner for the last 15 odd years and now they're hoping that a 'heavy' album with break them out of a rut.

The fact is Metallica is now a brand. They are not even reminiscent of the Metallica of the 80s. They've lost the spark that attracted all of their fans during that period.
    They have nothing to offer anymore. They cant even parody themselves properly!!

But that only my opinion of course...:dunno:

• Advertisement
Advertisement