Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history of art.

Options
  • 16-05-2004 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I am up **** creek.

i need help.

posting up answers to the appreciation part would be a help.

im looking at you teddi.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Impressionist. Landscape artists. And revolutionary ones. And a scultur man.

I do it in irish, so if they are all spelt wrong, just ignore it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlushPuppie

Hopefully your teacher has brought you to a gallery,because the galler question is an easy one if it comes up.

Appreciation of art is really your own ideas and feelings.

I always go for the film question- I did a wicked essay on Kill Bill Vol.1 for my mocks and I got 50/50!:cool: But sometimes they will specify a film and chances are you mightent have seen it. Watch a couple of likely films like Return of The King,Harry Potter,an animated oscar winning film like Spirited Away or Finding Nemo and then prepare essays on them and learn them off:

Talk about:
    1. How the story is told (in chapters,flash back etc)
    2. Lighting effects
    3. Costumes/Set direction
    *Use your head; anything that makes the film visually captivating*
    4. Camera work/cinematography
    5. Music
    6. Special Effects
    7. Editing (like in Kill Bill where some scenes are in split screen)

If it's an animated film,talk about how the characters are draws,is there much CGI enhancemants or is it drawn by hand etc.

The rest of the appreciation options like Design and architecture are really horrible and you should stay away from them.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement