Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Czech Beer

• 23-04-2001 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Anyone know an off-licence in Dublin where I can buy Czech beer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

any particular brand?
    I generally don't go around asking for Czech beer like...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Czech Budweiser
    Krusovice
    Pilsner Urquell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm sure i've seem most of them in any decent offlicence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Not that this is of any help, my sister brouht me back some Buvar (Spelling???)
    It is the czeh budweiser, but it is darker than bud, more like Carlsberg or Heino, but it tasted like a pills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

oooh, Czech beer is all so cool now isn't it - they're all drinking it in Covent Garden don't you know.

Yous guys should check out good American Beers like Samuel Adams and local brews around Massechusetts/Maine etc. Some of them are excellent. Shipyard is one worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Was in Prague a couple of months ago and got a taste for it

Working with a Czech guy who's looking for it as well

Fair enough if it's in most places, I'll check it out, just assumed that it wouldn't be that simple

a good substitute for czech beer is german, but not anything in a can, bottles only. they do some excellent black beer and some fine lagers/pils too

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Superquinn in Kilkenny sells yummy Budvar from time to time so give your local branch a shout.. and if they dont have it, get them to get it in for you...

thought 2
    got to the porterhouse...
    got an ace selection of beers from round the world

thought 3
    belgo's does too, but its mainly belgian, which is as good as cz/de beer

Advertisement