Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (0_0)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

I like, see it on top gear last night? great machine, mclaren just changed the 5.5 ltr v8 from the old sl 55 into this machine. And see its breaks, they are incredible (brembo performance) and the lightweight carbon fibre shell. It seems to handle very well too for a front engined sports car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Its a pretty amazing looking car alright.. doubt that we will ever see one on
    irish roads tho...

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

on the off chance i have the exact change in mypocket

How much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

I think its around 700k here. I saw one in Paris in the Mercedes shop on the Champs Elysées. Not as nice looking as the mclaren F1 im my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

damn im short about 699,999.43

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

if your lookin for one all you have to do is knock down to the knocklyon,rathfarnham, ballyroan area of dublin. there is one goin around the place. NO JOKE

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Originally posted by stuey
    if your lookin for one all you have to do is knock down to the knocklyon,rathfarnham, ballyroan area of dublin. there is one goin around the place.

... being pissed all over by 50cc mopeds and bicycles... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I'm not too keen on it tbh, no doubt the performance and all that is outrageously good and all but it looks to me as if about 10 teams of designers all had a go at it and instead of choosing one, they let them all have a go. Or something. I'll take a Carrera GT pleez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

you should hear the sound from it. its unbelievable. this deep rumbling thunder. Its almost orgasmic. tho thats going a bit far. carrera GT is also amazing saw it on Top Gear on Sunday. ANybody feeling sad for a guy doin his leavin and want to buy me one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

stfu stoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

According to the motoring section in todays Irish Times, four of them have been bought here at €600,000 each, (though probably less for Cash:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 25 deletebert

They had 2 on display last friday at the birmingham motor show.
    crazy machine - my fave of the day.
    took some pics at:

page 2 page 1

Advertisement