Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little suggestion

Options
  • 17-05-2004 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I'm busy studying for exams at the moment and I don't get to watch Enterprise at the 8 o'clock monday showing on sky. I still like to know if the episode thats coming is good though, but I don't read the thread about it because of spoilers.

I want to have my cake and eat it too!

So heres my suggestion, If everyone could rate the thread. (You can do this at the bottom out of 5). This means that I can look at the main star trek page and see if the episode will be good or not without reading the review!

It would also serve as a more accurate review than people going 6/10 then 3/10 etc

Tell me to shut up if i'm being dumb.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

that seems reasonable, if you would be so kind gentlemen?

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

my internet has been messed up for a day or 2, i saw u post this and wassent able to reply, i had allot to say but i forgot it all so my reply is shorter than the orginal version
    but i reply now.
    Im doing my leaving
    I would expect that if u like something even a misc could find 1 hour free time

I will not be rating the thread becase people like you discust me so much,
    and since u said i could in your post (so im doing nothing wrong by saying this data)

SHUT UP STEREO_STEVE
    If you like TV then watch TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

wtf?

A perfectly reasonable request gets this reply?

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yeah, jesus.
    Thats just blatent abuse.

A no whould suffice.

Just to let you know stereo steve that'll i will rate threads about episodes (if I ever start one, which is unlikely)

He said we could tell him to shut up so i did.
    and davej i dont think its a reasonable request thats why i replied the way i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

all the boy wants is a ranking jesus its hardy that big a deal!

ill be willing to help you student bums out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Jesus User45701 you would want to wash the sand out of your vagina its making you very cranky. Whats wrong with the lad asking us to rate the thread how in gods name does it effect you?

i also believe user's reply to be somewhat harsh, its not an unreasonable request and it is a nice way to get peoples opinion across on the episode in general. which is why i asked people to do it.

some people don't have time for the TV coming up the exams, some people have parents so strict they will remove such pleasures, others have the commitment to go without, to give up something that they like for the greater good and what not (god i'm dramatic about a tv show), while then there is others like myself who try to give up things like bf vietnam by uninstalling it but fail miserably tbh.

there is a night or two i've missed enterprise or watched it late as i've been studying in college up to the time its on or whatnot and even though i want to watch it at 8 i don't. Disgust is a strong word to have for someone and in this case i definetly don't think its warranted. i have no idea what stereo_steves situation is but i'm sure he's doing what he thinks best and i'm gonna put your reply down to general leaving cert crankyness.

data

i would use the term anger instead of crankyness data.

I dont understand thse ppl who do loads of studying and such it makes no sence.
    However this is not the education forum and i refuse to go there cause if i do i will probbley be banned from boards.

I have a problem with miscs its that simple and when 1 posts a message that i consider pro misc and then gives me permission to tell him to shut up that is what i will do. I did nothing wrong. End of discussion because if we do not end it here and now this will contuine for some time till data locks it.

WooHoo, plyed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by User45701
    I will not be rating the thread becase people like you discust me so much,
    and since u said i could in your post (so im doing nothing wrong by saying this data)

SHUT UP STEREO_STEVE
    If you like TV then watch TV
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

An ep review with a high ranking in the thread header is likely to make me read the thread. Ditto a terrible ranking. Enough good ratings and I might even start watching enterprise again.

uncalled for elitist ranting is likely to make be avoid both enterprise and this forum.

Originally posted by secret_squirrel

uncalled for elitist ranting is likely to make be avoid both enterprise and this forum.

?

If i had of just said
    "im not going to rate any threads Shut up setero_steve"

ppl would have asked me why so i just saved time by skipping that and getting straight to my problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

people like you discust me so much

If people who record tv programs or watch the repeats on the weekend because they are studying for exams discust (sic) you, I'd really like to hear about your opinions on the likes of Hitler or Stalin ;)

Oh and could someone explain to me what a 'misc' is ?

davej

i'm not sure quite what to do with this thread but i reckon its on the verge of being locked as i think its served its purpose i.e. the threads will be rated, i do however want to know what misc is also before i do so.

data

Originally posted by davej
    Oh and could someone explain to me what a 'misc' is
    davej

I have no idea ted

BUT i do know this thread and users reaction to a simple request (which had NO personal attacks on user) is pritty ****ing lame tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Original request is valid and very welcome, I've been doing exams for the last three weeks and have 3 eps of Ent recorded waiting to be watched.

User, if you can prioritise TV over your future, fine. Don't dare to presume that you can blatantly flame someone else for having different priorities.

I was told that Misc is a term used to describe groups of people for a example there might be a group of 50 people but in fact there is only about 20 people because groups of people are identical, they are not indivduals they are all just alike and the same. They have little or no unque views and they can lso look and dress the same

I used the term misc to campare u with all the other people who for some strange reason cant even find 1 hour do do what they like do do.
    Its very strange its not as if 1 hour several weeks before your test can make the difference in any sort of test.

I would love to contune to discuss this in great drunkan rambleing detail but i am working from saturday morning to sunday night so i wont be seing you at the boards beers.
    Also out of interest are u doing the leaving or collage exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Just took a look on the star trek forum and saw this!

I'm in the middle of my exams, I don't get home till 10 at night and the video machine is broken. I catch the repeats on a saturday!

User you really do have sand in your vagina!! If it bothers you so much, don't rate the thread. I'm finished my exams next week but I still think its a nice idea so that we can get an average review of what people think about an episode.

far better than loads of people going 3/10 , 7/10 etc.

As I said it just a "little suggestion" take it or leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Amazing User45701 hasn't received a ban for this thread.

By the way Jimeatsmenu you can put a rating on a thread without having to post to it.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Stark

By the way Jimeatsmenu you can put a rating on a thread without having to post to it.

Aye, but ever since I lost Cable I haven't been able to watch Enterprise, only catch every 50th or so episode.

I havent done anything to deserve a ban, i made sure of that cause i like this fourm

U say u dont get home till 10 at night? i take it u are doing some sort of night course or study party or something like that?
    If u like ur TV show then plan ur "study" around it.

Data should probbley lock this thread now/soon

User i think you should shut up now before you turn every one that reads this thread against you.

Your whole point on this thread makes no ****ing sence tbh just give it up lad!

Originally posted by Stark

User does not deserve a ban for expressing his opinion even if it is not in line with the majority of posters, thats not how we work here

also user one does not have to be doing a night course or study party or whatever to get home at 10 at night a load of people in college stay in to 9-10 when the library closes working on their own and stuff.

at the end of the day to each there own, this thread is now off-topic, the majority of regular users of this forum will rate the thread, if you don't well then of course you dont have to.

thread locked

data

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement