Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus symptoms on Win2k - please help!

Options
  • 17-05-2004 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I've been having this problem on windows 2000 pro for a while now. I have Norton Anti Virus installed and its virus definitions are up to date. I have performed numerous scans but I can't seem to find anything. I have also run the WelchiaWorm fix from Symantec's website and apparently, there are no instances of the Welchia virus on my machine either.
    Here are the symptoms : -
    Connected to the internet via a 56K modem. Could run fine for the duration of the time online, but more often than not, the following happens.

I'm unable to copy or paste from any source (Word, Internet Explorer Notepad etc.)
    I'm unable to save webpages (the option is simply greyed out in the File menu)
    When I click on the '2 little monitors' in the system tray that appears when you are online, nothing happens. Right clicking on this icon will give me a menu, but when I click on 'disconnect', nothing happens. I have to shut down the machine in order to disconnect.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any help would be great as this problem is becoming a real pain. I have a friend with the same symptoms also.

One other thing, it seems to happen more frequently on certain user accounts. I don't know if this is any help.

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

Advertisement