Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW Chant

• 17-05-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭

A friend said this to me the other day so ill post it here to see what you peeps think.

In the point wed week if tow or one former ecw guys are wrestling how about we start an ECW chant to make them feel welcome and to show that we know that they are under appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

I'd say they ge that everywhere. Just because we live in Ireland and they dont com over here as much doesnt really mean they think we dont know about ECW. I started an ECW chant myself in Manchester last year during a Rhyno match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

oh i know that i just want to throw it out there so we could have as many people as possible chanting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'll chant it alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

hell i'll chant anything, just can't wait for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I hate that ECW chant ****. The company is dead 3 years now. Did ECW even air over here ever?

Why not cheer WWE? Or even the name of the wrestler? I don't see how chanting the name of a company that a wrestler worked for makes them feel proud. They probably just think it's just more people wanting to jump on a bandwagon that they weren't a part of in the first place.

Sorry, this isn't necessarily an attack on the original poster, more so on the fans that always chant ECW despite never having anything to do with it. It just annoys me everytime I hear it on TV. Even in ECW, I thought it was stupid. When two guys pull off a good spot, the crowd cheers for the company rather than the wrestlers. Stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

heyman used build up ecw so ppl fought for each other instead of against them, that is why you got so many great ecw matches and that's why the supporters/fans chanted it no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

also i know you said it wasnt an attack on the original poster i.e. me but i would like to say that i didnt just jump on some band wagon.ECW was and is my favourite wrestling promotion of all time and i didnt just get in to it when it ended....i was one of the morons who paid 40 pounds for a every video to be ordered from the states...then the goddam company folds and everyone can buy them for a tenner.ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

Originally posted by Exit
    Did ECW even air over here ever?
    It actually did, i remember watching it on Bravo i think it was on a sunday or monday night or something. Brilliant wrestling altogether, some absolutely crazy stuff used to go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I got my ECW vhss for 2.50 each in galway. If it makes u feel any better
    Ill defo be chanting ECW when Big Stevie Cool, Baron Von Stevie, Stevie Night Heat, Stephen Richerds Comes out.
    Why must he Job 2 Kane :(
    I was think of a ''wwe want Sabu'' sing 2.
    It must be hard for Sabu having scacrificed so much and not making the bigtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Sabu did make the big time, he was The Sheiks right hand man and he was in WCW for a short stint in the mid 90's, He kind of chose his destiny, he has his own style and his style isn't very befitting of WWF(E) or WCW. I remember watchin ECW when it was on Bravo too...they were such @ssholes having it on at such an awkward time and then some of the shows were edited very poorly with huge gaps missing in matches.

Does anyone know if Sky will be investing in WWE 24/7? That would be awesome watching classic ECW every night....and watching the likes of Razor Ramon and MR. Perfect in their prime again. I watched the '92 Royal Rumble on Flairs DVD again last night..I don't care what anyone says but Gimmicks are good...alright The Barbarian sucked but look at Repot Man!..What a Legend!

• Advertisement

Oh and it was on Monday Mornings...being anywhere from 11pm on Sunday if they had nothing else what they classed as good to show to 12am,1am and 2am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Mick Foley said on his DVD that sabu was kind of guy who never thought his matches were good enough. He gos above and beyond night after night to make his matches good and never stops to think of the conciquences. I wouldnt call being sombodys right hand man in WCW making it big. He reminds me of Eddie the way that he rarly statisfyed with his matches, as has siad on post match enterviews on WWE DVDs. I think hes capable of putting together good matchs without a chair. He deserves a shoot at WWE now if he wants it for all hes given over the years.

Eddie will have to get in line for a shoot cus there are more deserving people in WWE, he hasn't actually been with WWE all that long so far. Actually his whole coming to WWE was a pretty big shoot on WCW. Mick Foley was the same way about his matches, the thing about Sabu was that he was also a big kayfabe wrestler...even when he was in Dublin Last with about 200 fans he still didn't break character..fans would put out their hands and he wouldn't touch them only to push them away. He actually wrestled in WCW but was not allowed to have very hardcore matches because it was filmed in Disney World's studios plus he would of been getting a 6 figure contract which is pretty big time, and being a right hand man of The Sheik is a pretty big deal, The Sheik is one of the greatest wrestlers ever.

Advertisement