Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where was doom 3?

Options
  • 17-05-2004 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or did Doom 3 completely fall off the radar for this year's E3? Of the sites that I watched for E3 coverage (eurogamer.net, 1up.com, bluesnews.com, gamespot.com) there was little or no coverage of the game. Did I miss some major announcement about the game in the last few months or has interest just fallen off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i got a vid of it from e3 2004
    but it was on the xbox ;/
    not sure about the pc version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The only real doom3 stuff at E3 was the announcement that it would be released 'in the summer', and the xbox preview (which surprised my by looking quite saucy, bring on the PC version) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

iD said they weren't going to show off the PC version at E3 because it was pretty much finished. They decided to show off only the XBOX version (which they're still working on) instead.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It looked good on Xbox, I played for only about 10-20mins, but that includes something jumping out and killing me, then having to restart only to shoot a light then being killed due to total lack of light.

It’s hard to tell with a game surrounded by so much hype. My main problem was the shotgun wasn’t impressive. Difficulty was also an issue, but playing it some more, or playing it in an quite area and not at E3 should help.

Lack of time at E3 is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Gonna give us a run down on your E3 trip monument?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

ahh DOOM many a happy time playing it on the pc in the day of the 90mhz systems will DOOM ever come out:confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Had a beta version of that running(pc). Looks deadly but as beta's do, they feck up.
    Wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

You aren't complaining about the fact that a leaked beta crashed on your pc are you? Same leaked beta that the id never meant to see the light of day. That's a bit like complaining about the fact that the car you stole only had a 1/4 tank of petrol in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Nahh i aint complainin. Didn't really "crash" my pc. It just informed it that it was slow.
    And im proud of that.

Advertisement