Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Spurs....

• 17-05-2004 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

well at the end of anyother mediocer season where levy had the wit to sack the manager 6 games in without a replacement, spurs with one of the most promising bunch of youngsters narrowly escaped relegation.

this is possibily the biggest summer in recent times for the team, needing to appoint a new manager and spend the reported £25 mil!!.

So who do you think will come in? If it wasn't for trapatonis very sick wife, he would be on the way so it seems he is ruled out.

My favourites for the job are

MON: Hasn't said what he will be doing next season and family are reported as being unhappy up in scotland. Also they own a house not too far away from spurs lodge.

Ranriei(sp): prob going to leave and we are in the hunt for a manager and he wants to stay in london.

i wonder with the new manager will we be linked with the same players : diego, van bommel, reid, millner, etc.

sorry to start a new thread just wanted to see if there are any spurs fans out there and also to try to rid the talk of arsenal!!!!!

TTID

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

I'm not a Spurs fan but I think they should try everything to get Ranieri as I don't think O'Neill would be interested in the job.

I have heard a few rumours about Joe Kinnear any news from Spurs on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Can't see Kinear being a serious candidate for the job, having only signed on for forest...He would like to live in london tho, don't think that is a big secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i think levy must bring in a top name. although kinnear would be a good manager, he was available when hoddle was sacked so he should have been appointed then.

it is so annoying all this waiting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Whats wrong with Pleat, why not keep him in charge? :D

Whats the latest on Andy Reid from the Spurs side?

most people with their ear to the ground are saying its a done deal.

the problem is pleat looks like he is being booted from the club and levy doesn't want to buy players that won't fit into the future managers plans... therefore i think all transfer dealings will be put on ice until our new manager comes along.

would be a good buy at anything under £6mil. could turn out to be a better player than duff as he ain't got any injury poblems!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by sikes

the problem is pleat looks like he is being booted from the club and levy doesn't want to buy players that won't fit into the future managers plans... therefore i think all transfer dealings will be put on ice until our new manager comes along.

Which is why I reckon they know who the new manager is, and have known for a long time.

It was said that Defoe was bought with the full knowledge of the incoming manager, and they have bought Robinson for next season, which suggests they've discussed signings with the new man. The Redi transfer may well go ahead before an announcement on who'll take charge.

Gut instinct? Alan Curbishley. I will be surprised if the new man is foreign.

back in jan/feb it was pretty common knowledge that trapatoni had verbally agreed to join spurs. and spurs happened to be on a good run an it looked as though pleat would revert back to his role as dof once trap came.

then trap went back on his agreement, and spurs went on the slide, pleats job as dof will prob disappear and thus any players he had recommended will be ignored until the new man is in place.

i think robinson was signed because that was a bargain the board realised and they had a gentleman's agreement with leeds

i hope we have our man already but it doesn't look to hopeful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Curbishley has a transfer pot of at least £10m this summer, up to £16m according to some reports. Will he walk away from that after sticking with Charlton for so long with just peanuts to spend?

personally i don't think it is curbishly but people who said it could be reckon he would go because spurs

1) have better financial resources

2) historically one of the biggest teams in the world

3) was his team when he was young... tho not sure if this is true

Looks like Pleat's out of a job...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3726435.stm

Could go either way to be honest, I'm guessing now that the incoming man is a foreigner as English managers tend not to like the interference. May work out.

Appears to a done deal...

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1135814,00.html

Sky had Trapatoni saying earlier today he was interested in the job after Euro 2004.

• Advertisement

The club can confirm that it is in advanced discussions with Frank Arnesen in respect of the position of sporting director.

off spurs.co.uk

looks like we are gettin arnesen, what a signing to show ambition. been with psv for 19 years and among the players be has scouted etc have been van bommel and kezman in recent times.

what will happen to pleat?? hopefully he will go and if arnesen signed surely he must know who the next manager is.

so much i hapening at spurs, only today we saw a total revamp of the medical system.

roll on next season

cl here we come.!!!

Originally posted by sikes

so much i hapening at spurs, only today we saw a total revamp of the medical system.

What, Anderton finally left the treatment room? ;)

I've a feeling Pleat will stay on the board, I just hope he keeps his nose out of team affairs for fear he upsets the management team.

In fairness sikes, CL is a bit optimistic, ain't it? UEFA Cup will do...

I had heard around Christmas time or early in the New Year (and I posted up here a couple of weeks ago) from my own source that O'Neill would be almost definitely leaving Celtic this summer (main reason being that his family want out of Glasgow). Most probably to join Spurs, unless he got the offer of the manager's job at a Champions League side. Spurs agreed to keep the job open for him until the summer.

Now, accoring to 5Live this morning, O'Neill has officially turned down Spurs. IMO that means one of two things

- Something out of the ordinary has happened at Celtic, e.g. he's been given buckets of cash to spend.

- Houllier is about to get the bullet and MON is going to Liverpool.

Methinks the latter, but time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

while i admire MON as a manager, i dont want him to go to spurs.

with the new appointment today of Arnesen, it looks like we will finally start getting some continental play inthe youngsters!

and indeed, we do have one of the most talented youthful teams at the moment. i thin the average age has gone from about 35 in the last year to about 21!
    what we need now is a top class manager who will deveolpe these guys into a good footballing force. i think there is a lot of potential,a nd now that Pleat has resigned, i think a new style manager who wants to look after everything around the first team will be able to do that. someone like murinho. i still have my sights set on him.
    there was a lot of talk about him until spurs said they had a manager lined up. then all the talk stopped.
    i am just waiting til after the champions league final to see who he is going to sign up with :)

great news today about pleat leaving and arnie coming.

if mon is not appointed by friday week then we can safely say its not him also then mourinho shortly after the cl final.

if we are waiting during euro 2004 i think it will be trap with hughes as his assistant.

at least now with arnie, he will be able to get the talent we need. he knows south america real well so hopefully we will be able to land diego then of course van bommel from his old team PSV.

Apparently forest rejected a 3.5 mil bid for reid yesterday but i think the deal has already gone through as we have set up a friendly with them.

ok maybe not cl, top half of the prem!!!! if we buy right we could get top six

well, i could be shot with these word come this time next year, but i think with all the changes and with the amount of young players who have come through, im going to go with a top 10 finish.
    if we get a great playmaker liek rednapp of old, then i think top 6.
    if we get 2 great central defenders as well, then CL!

oh, can i add we need a world class manager as well :)

thinkin we are prob going for a world class coach now. thinkin along the lines od deschams of monaco and not a mon type.

Think with arnie on board the top coaches could well be attracted.

The Star say Carlos Queiroz is the new favourite to come in as Spurs coach.

we will get different body parts from different coaches at this rate.

i dont care, as long as they work!

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

oh, can i add we need a world class manager as well :)

You can, may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb...:D

• Advertisement

right I know i am keep bringin up new crap but hey!!

This dutch manager call Jol, any1 heard of him?, is a friend of arensen and is reported to be available. He has a big reputation in holland and could be the one.

Its a bit lick w****r at a*senal!! a unknown in england but in france a man ith a hugh reputation.

Tis exciting times as a spurs fan lets hope the football is better next season. Can hardly study with all the excitment!!!!!

thank god the sheep shagger pleat has gone

Advertisement