Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB Problem

• 17-05-2004 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Anyone else experiencing problems with NTL BB at the moment ? I havent been able to connect since last wed. NTL said something about a problem with a node and they didnt know how long it would take to fix.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Working fine for me, Tallaght/Knocklyn area.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Sorry. Should have mentioned, Im in the Lucan area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭GavinKeller

NTL went down for me on Wednesday at about 11:30. I had a link setup from my office PC (leap broadband) to my home PC (NTL 1MB) and was able to logon to my home PC when suddenly the connect was dropped. I went home for lunch to fix the problem and was unable to connect to the internet

I noticed that the problem only happened when the IP changed on my home PC. I rang tech support and they ran a test and said that there was alot of noise coming back on my cable line and they would send someone out to have a look. They said it would take about 4 days to fix. The next day I came home from work and it was back up and running with a new IP address !

I live in Lucan by the way

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Cheers. I was just wondering if the problem was for the whole NTL network and if so why was it taking so long to fix. I guess its a localised problem to my area of Lucan and not affecting too many people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this happened to my cousin in dublin about 3 weeks ago, he was without service for over a week and NTL came back to him and sed that he's IP address failed or something and they gave him a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

NTL? My condolences....
    Enjoy your 45min hold for tech support...only to be disconnected by a loser NTL employee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

NTL have a dedicated number for BB tech support. On the few occasions I've had to ring them I've gotten straight through and found the staff to be helpful and knowledgable.

Advertisement